Inputs, outputs and some other

jalai

Inputs, outputs and some other

Post by jalai »

Is there other outputs than 8-ign. and 16 fuel injector ?

24 general purpose inputs, is there added to this dedicated inputs for knock, wide lambda and thermocouples?

Can I use any NTK lambda sensor (L1H1/L2H2)? How about calibration of it?

Can I get somewhere connector pin list (what I can connect every pin, easy to see what I can do)?

What is datalog speed (for one channel and overall)?

And... what is the price of S8C?
Is there different versionns of it?
Or some options?
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Inputs, outputs and some other

Post by pat »

Is there other outputs than 8-ign. and 16 fuel injector ?
No, there are no "dedicated" PWM or on/off type outputs, any output that is not used for either and ignition or an injector control can be assigned to any other function. If you need more outputs then multiple S8C units can be used together to expand the I/O (up to 3 units, giving 72 outputs and 72 inputs).
24 general purpose inputs, is there added to this dedicated inputs for knock, wide lambda and thermocouples?
The 24 general purpose inputs are split into three categories. There are 4 0-5V voltage inputs, 4 thermistor inputs and 16 configurable inputs. Each of the configurable inputs can be used as 0-5V, -5V-+5V bipolar or thermistor, and each of the 16 is capable of detecting rotational signals with definable upper and lower thresholds; for falling edge detection the upper threshold "arms" while the lower threshold "triggers", and vice versa for rising edge signals.

In addition to this there are two NTK UEGO lambda sensor inputs, two K-type thermocouple inputs and up to 4 knock inputs.
Can I use any NTK lambda sensor (L1H1/L2H2)? How about calibration of it?
We recommend the L1H1 sensor, it is well tested and reliable. While the L2H2 does work it seems more sensitive to temperature. Calibration is via a linearisation curve that is user adjustable. The default curve is normally fine, but this does depend on where the sensors came from. The L1H1 sensors we use all seem to be the same, but some of the OEM / pattern part ones do vary a little. We have a gas tube that can hold up to three sensors, one reference plus two which need calibrating, it's not a difficult job to do.
Can I get somewhere connector pin list (what I can connect every pin, easy to see what I can do)?
I'll try to get such a list done and posted this evening!
What is datalog speed (for one channel and overall)?
Maximum logging speed of any individual channel is one thousand samples per second. Overall you can log up to eight thousand samples per second.
And... what is the price of S8C?
The S8C retails for UKP 2499 plus VAT, and includes every feature bar paddle shift.
Is there different versions of it?
Or some options?
There are some build time options. You can choose to have TTL outputs on some or all of the ignition outputs, the number of knock channels populated can be changed, the amount of datalogging memory can be chosen at 4MB or 8MB, but the default build is normally suitable for most projects :)

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Best regards,

Pat.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Inputs, outputs and some other

Post by pat »

I've created an S8C pinout file that can be downloaded here. Hopefully this is what you were looking for!

Best regards,

Pat.