No Start !!

HondaDrag

No Start !!

Post by HondaDrag »

Hello guys.
Today I went to start up the drag car and the starter tured normally but without a hint of engine trying to start up. Engine sat for about two months without starting as i had
gearbox out so I couldnt start it up.

So as usual I pluged up laptop and in Scal syncstate was showing 360, and not 720, Run mode= STOP, and syncfault= long tooth Gap. RPM reading was showing 180-200rpm.
Then i suspected the cam sensor so I put another one without success, then changed the crank sensor also without success. Checked wiring of crank and cam and all is good.
All other sensors showing good values and working normally.

Later on the day, and this is fishy....rpm reading started to show zero and so i took out oscilloscope to check signal and near ECU plug both Crank and Cam and showing good signal.

I am suspecting that the ecu firmware has corrupted somehow, but only on the triggering maybe? Can it happen?

Thanks for help.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: No Start !!

Post by Ryan.g »

Firmwares don't corrupt, are you sure when you last had the car running that you Device - Programmed the ecu when finished calibrating to save the cal into the ecu?

Go to Device - Synclog and upload the synctrace to here.

If you are not getting turn in the SyncState in top right tho it wont start the synclog

Ryan
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Last time I started the car about a month or so ago the engine was running perfectly, then I came to start again and no start.

The ecu was without power in this time as gearbox was out and main switched off.

Check plugs and no spark at all, rechecked wiring and crank and cam signals before ecu and they are ok.

Syncstate shows Turn during cranking but RPM remains zero.

I have the Synclog while cranking Ryan.

Thanks a lot for help.
Attachments
K20 Sync log.txt
(144.33 KiB) Downloaded 956 times
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

I would just program your last .cal file to start with. I have had a few unsuccessful programming events, but usually because I was too quick to pull the LAN cable out! When it happens you get the message "bad header magic" in the message box in scal.

Also check your cam/crank thesholds, low and high should not be zero or 5v as you're not reaching either.