Boost control help

HondaDrag

Boost control help

Post by HondaDrag »

Hi guys I am trying to make my boost stable on my drag car but its giving me a headache to tune it.
What is happening is the boost rise to 285kpa than goes down to 265 then up to 290 and back down to 255 and this happens from 7400 to 9500rpm in 4th gear.
What is probably happening is the dual Tial 44s when they open are dumping alot of boost and are slow to recover,i want the ecu to react faster to compensate for this lag.
My boost target is 300kpa.
I am not sure on the Manifold error pressure demand table if changing it makes the ecu react faster.
Was also considering on using CO2 on the solenoids instead of turbo pressure what do you think?
Thnaks alot.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: Boost control help

Post by Ryan.g »

Please could you upload a Log and Calibration

It sounds to me though the PD Table is incorrect or the solenoid is plumbed in wrong and it blowing the seat open on the valve.

Which valve are you using and how is it Plumbed in, Also what Freq are you driving it at?
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

I sent you an email Ryan
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

The main problem you will have is that the PD table is inversed and feeds into a an inversed integral table too!

CO2 will not be required.

The main thing is to understand what's going and and for that you will need to change the default logging to include the WG control data.
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Pavlo, can you explain more what you mean by PD inversed and feeds inversed please as you got me confused... :?
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Paul is pointing out that the values in the S8 control tables are subtracted from the base duty, whereas in the S6 they are added. It's for historical reasons and there's no "simple fix" - the problem is that yes we could just flip it, BUT if someone then a) upgrades the firmware and b) *forgets* to to a Math -> Multiply by minus 1 on the control table data then Bad Things (TM) are going to happen. The S6 strategy was "new" when the S6 was created, some of its features made it back into the S8, so it can be a bit confusing (more so than it used to be when the two didn't resemble eachother as much).

In short - swap the sign on the numbers in the control tables when swapping between S6 and S8.

Hope this helps,

Pat.