Driven speed reading

HondaDrag

Driven speed reading

Post by HondaDrag »

Hi, I am trying to make the driven speed reading to match the actual speed while on the dyno but cant make it to match.
The speed input is from the stock Honda VSS hall sensor mounted on the transmission.
I have measured the tire circumference and tried changing the number of teeth to match speed to dyno but no success.
Input config is thermistor, and filters off.
Also i noticed that on Sview when it reached 155mph the reading stayed flat at 155mph even though the speed went higher.
Do you have any idea what can I do please?

Thanks alot.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: Driven speed reading

Post by pavlo »

DO a search.

The number of teeth refer to the axle. So you need to frig the circumference if you're using a sensor on the transmission, which will be 4 pulses per revolution of the sensor itself rather than the axle.

You should be able to look up the VSS pulses per mile for your car, or obtain the worm drive info (or whatever it is) and use it to calculate the circumerence, or just adjust it until it matches GPS speed for example.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

And dont forget.....Device/Program otherwise you'll never see the change implemented.
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Thanks Steve, actually I was thinking of playing with the circumference but checked maybe there was another way to do it. :)