NTK L2H2 reading rich, Limp Mode, Fan

HondaDrag

NTK L2H2 reading rich, Limp Mode, Fan

Post by HondaDrag »

Hi,
Today I tried some tuning and from start to finish I have LimpMode showing Sensor Warning Level. How can I find which sensor is?

Also I loaded the N2H2 calibration but it is showing way to rich, infact I had to use my PLX to tune it, its nearly 0.1 Lambda out that is PLX showing 0.9 and NTK shows 0.8 Lambda.

Is there a way that I can calibrate the sensor without engine in run mode? as i can make a test pipe with two bungs fit my PLX or AEM meters and the NTK and make a new linerisation for this sensor, although not sure why it is way out.

Lastly i cant seem to make Fan1 to work while engine idling whatever I try its off, then I switch engine off and it works!!!

Thanks alot for great help.
Cheers
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: NTK L2H2 reading rich, Limp Mode, Fan

Post by pavlo »

I presume you have set up the lambda heaters with 10.7 volt output?

I would start with the default L1H1 calibration and if you want to match it to the PLX adjust the linearisation to suit.

Have you looked at the sensor warning menus? It's not hard to see how they work.
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Yes under Output functions/Lambda Heaters/Drive voltage all set to 10.7v and in I/O outputs Lambda heater 1 set to Fuel #13.

Ok will start with L1H1 but can i adjust it with engine off as i think Heater will be off on RunMode STOP?

No I havent looked at the sensor warning menus, how do i find it under Devices/errors?

Thanks
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

You can't have LOOKED otherwise you would have SEEN!

Look, search, discover.

If you want to run L1H1 linearisation, select all the points, and use the math menu, "Math-Set to Default" from your description it should be very close.

You will need the engine running to run the lambda heater, but you can adjust the linearisation on the fly, the lambda will respond in real time, you can use hint points and a curve fit if you want.

I'm interested how you know your PLX is 100% accurate when it comes to measuring anything except free air.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

To make the fan work, it would appear that it's your RPM settings, and you can also allow the fan to work without the engine running.
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Today I made a jig to mount two lambda sensors and introduced some gas and perfected the linerisation, had to leave car idling thou...
What I know about the PLX is that it matches the AEM very closely about 0.02 Lambda, and also my L2H2 was showing very rich compared to them about 0.1 lamda less.
The difference between them is that PLX and AEM use the LSU sensor and not the NTK.

The Fan not sure whats happening but it worked today without changing anything, but not switching on the exact temp i set it, switching on higher....

On the Sensor errors, Devices/Errors was not showing anything at all but still limp is on, for now i set a higher rev limit till i solve it.
I think the issue is in the Error Flags not yet sure how it works yet....

Thanks alot for help.
Cheers