Gear Cut/Shift on full throttle

HondaDrag

Gear Cut/Shift on full throttle

Post by HondaDrag »

Hi, I am thinking of fitting a strain gauge gear knob for full throttle shifting and to ease some strain on the dog gears during shifting and would like some clarification on the setup.

This is the link of the gear knob which i was thinking of using.

http://flatshifter.com/strain-gauged-gear-knob/

It seems that that are 4 options on the output from the amplifier so to feed the ecu and was not sure which one is best for me.

A) I will set the i/o Input to Gear Shift Manual Cut Request
B) Gear shift mode to manual
C) Cut input Nominal rest voltage is what i am concerned as not sure which voltage is best from the gear knob amplifier to have for the Syvecs for sure below 0v not good.
D) Pushing and Pulling seem to have different voltages and not sure if i can use it like that?

Has somene tuned something similar please?
Thanks
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: Gear Cut/Shift on full throttle

Post by pavlo »

I use that exact knob on the Yellow TVR on their website, I use one with 2.5v rest voltage and goes up/down from what when you push/pull.
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Good to hear Pavlo you always save me :) with your answers.

So if the rest voltage is 2.5 volts than pushing will go above 2.5 and pulling goes below 2.5 volts so how have you set that up in Scal as i cant figure it out. since i want both the pulling and pushing to request a gear cut....but probably im missing something out.

Thanks
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

That choice is up to you.

The options in "Gear Shift->Manual Shift Inputs" allow you to set the polarity of each direction, so active high or low, and there is a threshold voltage for each gear.

For example you can do pull stick for upshift, use "Active Low" set the threshold to 2.0 volts and with the knob correctly oriented you will trigger the cut as you pull on the stick and the voltage drops below 1.8v. You might then have the downshift as "active high" and set the thresholds to around 3.2volts and it will trigger a blip as you move the stick forward and the voltage goes up beyond 3.2 volts.

You can easily reverse all that by swapping the Active High and Active low and changing the thresholds to suit.
HondaDrag

Post by HondaDrag »

Perfect and thanks alot.......I thought i was missing something i was not sure on the active high and low polarity what actually mean. I wish there is some sort
of advanced ebook/ videos that explain in detail on this super ecu as there are so many things you can do with it, all sort of strategies, etc.

Thanks alot again Pavlo your help is really appreciated.
Cheers