Lambda sensor

tarmac terror

Lambda sensor

Post by tarmac terror »

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the recommended wideband lambda sensor and how much it is please??

TT
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Lambda sensor

Post by TimH »

It's an NTL LZA-09E1.

I'm sure there are plenty of places to get it, but we stock them, along with cables to make installation easier. Take a look at the website www.jti.uk.com, but please be aware we're away on holiday and not back up and running again until Wednesday.
tarmac terror

Post by tarmac terror »

Thanks Tim. That's odd as I recall Pat stating that the recommended one was some lab grade item at £300+ and NOT easily available...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=318&hilit=wideband&start=20

Page 3, 2nd last post.

OK, the post refers to an S6 but I presume Pats answer would be the same for an S8. Benkku (last post) suggests the LZA03-E1-P which seems more in keeping with the price tag Pat quotes.

TT
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Indeed...but Pat has never let us know which one it was designed for so we're all guessing.

LZA-09E1 is the one used by most as it is relatively inexpensive and does the job.

I can see if can source the LZA-03E1 if wanted, although it's not in the NTK catalogue so, as Pat says, it may not be available through (my) normal channels.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Nope - LZA-03E1 not available from my usual supplier. Referring to NTK UK he told me "The buggers have got a block on it getting out into the after market. That must be so they can keep the price astronomically high". Oh well, $575 from the US if you really want it!
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Tim,

The origin of the "right" sensor is somewhat odd and I can't really say much more than "if you want one, we can get one" but be aware that it is not coming via ANY of the usual suspects...

With that in mind we tried to find a more sensible supply that was more competitively priced and indeed the LZA09-E1 happens to work well enough (may need linearisation adjusting, I have a tube at work with three lambda bungs, a tiny bleed hole and a hose tail to change the internal oxygen partial pressure so that up to two sensors can be calibrated against a reference).

Cheers,

Pat.
tarmac terror

Post by tarmac terror »

Thanks Pat. Any chance you could PM me the price of one of these mystical beauties :)

Regards,
Scott
tarmac terror

Post by tarmac terror »

OK, ANYONE will do!!

Can I please have a price for the 'special' lambda that Syvecs recommend??
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Probably a silly question, but why not use the LZA-09E1? It is very very close to the pukka "special" lambda and a fraction of the price.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

PM sent