Wastegate control

TLicense

Wastegate control

Post by TLicense »

Hi, Can someone explain how the wastegate control strategies on the S8 work?
I see that which strategy is selected is controlled under Calibration Switches / Wastegate Control / Wastegate Strategy Select

For the Standard strategy, I'm assuming that similar to the S6 control you set the the target limit for each gear, then use the manifold pressure target progression to fine tune what percentage of the target limit you want in each gear for a given TPS.

I'm a bit confused when it comes to open loop control. The base seems to be set according to MAP and target MAP. I'm not 100% sure how that should be set? Would you just set the WG duty for the target MAP right across the MAP range? I guess as the S6 this is then modified by the Base Wastegate Duty Adder for varying TPS?

With the closed loop control, it looks like you would use the Manifold Pressure Error Demand table?
With regards to the integration. On the S6, the integration is active when the controllers are asking for less than the Intgrator Enable PD Duty, which is a positive value. On the S8, it looks like it will be enabled when duty is more than the Integrator Enable Error Threshold, which is a negative value?

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how the Old LMP Strategy works! I'm also guessing that as there appears to be no New LMP Strategy, this is still a work in progress. (I imagine neither of those will be required, but would be interested in how these worked still).

Thanks in advance! :)