Newbee on here , boost , actuator solanoid connections

Nick kirby

Newbee on here , boost , actuator solanoid connections

Post by Nick kirby »

Hi all new guy to this forum
I’m planning on using a s8 on a cossie wrc project I’m in the process of drawing up a wiring diagram
I’ll probslky have a fair few questions that I may need some answers to , I do know a very good and respected syvec dealer
Who I will be using for mapping setup etcbutvi don’t wanna keep pestering him will questions all the time as he’s a super busy guy

So :-
Boost , up shift and down shift solenoids are thes connected to an injector output ?
Will be also running 8 injectors so say cyl 1 will use injector output 1 and 2 for each injector and so on cyl2 = 3 and 4 etc

Thanks again for and advice /info
stevieturbo

Re: Newbee on here , boost , actuator solanoid connections

Post by stevieturbo »

They're all fully configurable...so doesnt really matter a huge amount

But yes normally You'd do "FUEL1" to Cylinder 1, "FUEL2" to Cylinder 2 and so on. You'll tell the ecu in the software what you've wired to where anyway.

Outputs are all named FUEL, but they're PWM outputs that can be used for pretty much anything ( within design limits of course )
Nick kirby

Post by Nick kirby »

Thanks for the reply
So it’s a 4 cylinder engine 8 injectors so cylinder 1 use output 1 and 5 or 1 and 2 ?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Again, it really doesnt matter as you'll tell the ecu later what each output is doing in the I/O config.

If it was me, I'd do Fuel 1 to Cyl1 for primaries, and same thru to 4

For secondaries, Fuel 5 thru 8