Wiring in S6 GP

mrbizarre

Wiring in S6 GP

Post by mrbizarre »

I’ve had my Syvecs S6 GP sitting in my room for the last few years. My car currently runs on AEM V2 and has a fairly expensive professionally built engine harness. Unfortunately I just recently spent that money on that harness and am short on time as well so I wanted to build a jumper/conversion harness in the meantime and then over our winter season upgrade to a new harness. I’m done with the AEM and finally want to make the move to the right ECU and put my Syvecs in. This vehicle is a FWD drag race Honda Civic. No street use.

I’ve worked through the entire harness and pinout and come up with a few questions. The car is a B-series Honda engine which use to have a distributor and is now on COP smart coils, has a T1 cam trigger (dual pole hall effect sensor with I rare earth magnets in the cam gear) and no crank sensor.

1. The AEM required a starter cranking signal. On my switch panel, when I'd push the start button, the wire is also tied in the ECU letting it know the engine was cranking. Is this not required with Syvecs?

2. The second button on my switch panel is a switch +12V that would power on the AEM ECU. I don't see a spot for a switched 12 "on" wire for the Syvecs G6?

3. I just want to confirm that these two pins below can be used for coolant pressure Sensor and exhaust back pressure sensor?

AU2 (#6) 59 SPARE INPUT
AU3 (#7) 60 SPARE INPUT

4. For my wideband I have an NGK AFX which I believe uses the L2H2 o2 sensor. The way I have it wired on the AEM, the only wire used for the ECU is the signal input wire. Would I be ok in doing it the same way here? Wiring it in to the pin below?
LAMI 57 LAMI NTK WIDEBAND SENSOR - WHITE WIRE

The wideband: https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/produ ... cts_id/357

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
stevieturbo

Re: Wiring in S6 GP

Post by stevieturbo »

1. No

2. 12v power pins are 19,20,21

3. Yes, set as 5v inputs.

4. Buy a NTK sensor and run it directly to the ecu via the dedicated inputs. IMO do not use external controllers and analogue inputs unless you absolutely have to.

So No, you do not connect an external controller to that pin, that is intended for onboard wideband control.

If for whatever reason you really must use the external controller, the controllers output will need wired to a spare analogue input.

And as far as I know, the AFX uses it's own dedicated sensor, it would not be directly compatible with the ecu's onboard controller. it is not the generic L2H2.
Or should say their replacement for the AFW does....maybe the old AFX does use the L2H2 ?
mrbizarre

Post by mrbizarre »

Hi Stevie,

Thank you for your reply and help.

I have a spare brand new sensor sitting on my shelf. Part number is 24302 which I don't think is the L2H2 and not sure if that would even work with the Syvecs. I believe the L2H2 is a 24300 part number.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Sometimes it can be the same sensor, slightly different numbers might just be a longer wiring harness or connector or something.

But if the plug is the same, the colours are the same, the colour locations are the same....it may well be the same.

The 24300 seems to relate to older cars, so might claim to be the L1H1 replacement ? even though they havent really existed for years...and were different colours. The NTK site just seems to show the wire itself just being slightly different...so the 24302 probably is the L2H2 ok, the more expensive one the L1H1 replacement, even if it isnt really a replacement

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=19344

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=19342
mrbizarre

Post by mrbizarre »

Thanks again for the quick reply.

The links didn't work but if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, the sensor I have (pictured) would work and is potentially a L2H2 sensor?
Attachments
20200803_142313.jpg
20200803_142313.jpg (342.5 KiB) Viewed 7898 times
20200803_142335.jpg
20200803_142335.jpg (279.81 KiB) Viewed 7898 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

The links do work,

But it may or may not be the same...Safest is to buy the correct one known to work.

viewtopic.php?p=485

https://www.motec.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2141
mrbizarre

Post by mrbizarre »

Ok thank you for your help.