S6 losing logging config.

jezzpalmer

S6 losing logging config.

Post by jezzpalmer »

Hello,

My S6 keeps 'forgetting' the configuration for items to log, also the fuel consumption seems to get reset.
The engine calibration settings stay intact.

The scfg logging settings appear to get lost after a day or so and revert to default, is there a likely cause for this?

Thanks,
Jezz.
Slowie

Re: S6 losing logging config.

Post by Slowie »

I worked with an old LR F88 recently (serial 10xx), which did exactly the same. Was advised by LR there is an internal backup battery that needs replacing. Not sure if the S6 also has this.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

There definitely is a battery on the board

I've certainly lost logging memory before if it's sat for ages. But I don't think I've ever lost the actual config....almost seems odd it'd lose just the config, and perhaps not the cal too ?

Had a very old one lose its mind a few years ago too, had to be returned for repair. Not exactly sure what the issue was though, but been all good since.
Slowie

Post by Slowie »

Then I'd say it sounds like it's "service" time. What is the serial number, and can you recall when you purchased? Curious what the lifetime of the battery is.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

This was linked ages ago by an F88 user as the battery for one of those.

Whether its the same across the range or not is another matter. That and considerations of any abilities to change it...and the risks with doing so lol
Looks possible though

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/button-r ... lsrc=aw.ds

jezzpalmer

Post by jezzpalmer »

Thanks for the replies. :)

So, the battery could well be the issue.

The serial is 0119 and it was bought March 2009.

Cheers,
Jezz.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Not doing too bad then. I'm sure use, lack of use etc all play a part.

It was one just a little higher than yours failed on me about 3-4 years ago. But that ecu was also bought early on, and sat for quite a few years before getting around to use it.
jezzpalmer

Post by jezzpalmer »

Hi,

It's possible that this battery is simply going flat as the car is not used for long periods of time, and not for a great length of time when it is.
So I've powered the ECU up out of the car on a bench loom that I have and left it for a good few hours to see if that will help.

Failing that it may have to go for repair.

Cheers,
Jezz.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Certainly my battery goes flat, but first symptom is usually the clock needs reset.

Recently left mine on the bench for a few hours to try and recharge. Although the car isn't going far anytime soon anyway lol.