evo 8 pnp, pull up error clutch switch

CT9A

evo 8 pnp, pull up error clutch switch

Post by CT9A »

I get a pin does not support the required input configuration error with a clutch switch on AN04 (AB04). According to the manual a pull up is available on the AB inputs.

To be clear I set the pull up to ON under sensors and clutch switch.
stevieturbo

Re: evo 8 pnp, pull up error clutch switch

Post by stevieturbo »

Does it even need a pullup on ? What sort of switch is it ?

12v, ground, 5v, other ?

I dont think AN01-04 do have internal pullup options though. I know I had to add a pullup resistor when using AB3 for a speed signal via a GT101 sensor.

AU1-4 were fine though.

That said...I see the manual does clearly say they can in BiPolar mode...I had tried 5v and thermistor. Dont think I tried Bipolar, although it was a few years ago.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I think the input type has to be set to AB type for the pullup to be turned on. If you set these to AR type the pullup isn't enabled, from what I vaguely recall when playing around with input types a while ago.

Worth checking/trying, anyway.
CT9A

Post by CT9A »

It is a clutch switch, you dont have the options for measurement type, it is simple pull up on or off in the software. I fixed it now by swapping with a another sensor on AU input, the pullup works fine there. Still would like to know why the manual says it has a pull up, but it conflicts when selected.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I believe it is just an error with the manual.

It was back in 2015 I queried it when the manual was being produced. On the likes of the S8 all inputs can have the pullup off or on, so think this is just a S6 thing although it was said they were looking to change that in the software so they could.
Guess it never did make it through ?