Output Test Mode Question - Can't Enable Output

stevieturbo

Re: Output Test Mode Question - Can't Enable Output

Post by stevieturbo »

I wired mine as per Haltech drawing.

I did also try with and without the resistor and in both cases it worked fine...but left the resistor in anyway.

Not sure how to enable this as such in test mode....for testing the FP output I just set prime time to say 30secs and hit D/P to restart the ecu which kicks it on for 30s and would be at the "prime" duty cycle.

I don't know if you can actually operate the ecu outputs in test mode as a chosen PWM signal ?

It would be helpful if you could...likewise for likes of ignition outputs, test at a chosen RPM for example rather than manual off/on pulses.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Found out I made a schoolboy error, I had previously wired my traditional relay by using a wire that was powered with ignition on and hard wired the earth.

I was using this power wire on my solid state relay thinking it was the earth wire to Fuel 11/PWM3, on pin A20.

Having wired it correctly, I now have my solid state relay working fine with closed loop disabled.

What settings did you use under "Fuel Pump 1 PWM control" to get the PWM up and running?

I don't have the external pullup resistor wired in.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Mine worked without the resistor...although I believe the resistor also offers some safety. I guess they want it there for a reason so I have one fitted.

I simply just enabled the PWM control, used a basic table of MAP vs RPM, set the frequency etc and away you go.

Some cheap SSR's may not like high frequencies, so hard to know what is best here.

I was running my Crydom for a while at 650Hz, but after some considerable testing with a water injection pump and a standard fit Hella SSR..it would seem not all motors/relays want high frequencies.

So I buzzed up the fuel pumps, again with a long prime time and ran them to see if changing the frequency made any difference to fuel pressure.
And on mine around 200Hz seemed to give a slightly higher result than other frequencies so I have mine there now.

Water injection pump seemed to perform best at around 50Hz.