2007 STI DCCD Controller

Gerald81

2007 STI DCCD Controller

Post by Gerald81 »

I'm driving a 2007 STI, which has a 15:1 steering ratio rack with a steering angle sensor input for the OEM DCCD controller. This sensor is located in the steering column. I'm intending to change to a 13:1 quick-ratio steering rack (used on JDM STIs), and have concerns that the OEM DCCD controller may not work as accurately as it did with the 15:1 OEM steering rack, given that now, with the same angle of steering input, the front tyres will actually turn more than before. In a sense, the DCCD controller will now underestimate the driver's intended turning radius.

I'm wondering if there is a difference between the steering angle parameters within the JDM DCCD controllers and non-JDM DCCD controllers to accomodate the differences in 13:1 and 15:1 steering ratios? If so, will the S6GP allow me to fine tune or re-scale these DCCD steering angle parameters so that the DCCD controller will not mis-read the driver's intended turning radius?
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Re: 2007 STI DCCD Controller

Post by Charlie »

The S6GP will fully run the diff on its own (subject to output availability) So you won't need to use the standard diff controller.

I'll get Pat to give a more in depth answer asap
secure

Post by secure »

I'm also interested to know if S6 pwm output needs to be filtered to drive the differantial.
secure

Post by secure »

Bump.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

If you plan on driving the differential coil directly from the ECU using one of the spare FUEL or PWM outputs then no filtering is needed but it would pay to fit a flyback diode to reduce heat dissipation in the internal flyback clamps. If you want to feed a spare output into another controller as a pseudo-analogue signal then a bit of RC low pass filtering would be in order; best to use a spare ignition output for that purpose. Finally, if you want to use one of the H Bridge drivers to power the coil in the DCCD then a simple 3.8kHz PWM signal to that from a spare ignition output would work well.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
secure

Post by secure »

I thought 0.1 khz would be okay to power the coil in the dccd.
Need to measure that.
emi

Post by emi »

i think it is 100hz for the DCCD too