Plex / Syvecs logs.

dr_jones

Plex / Syvecs logs.

Post by dr_jones »

Plex's newly relased data analysis software got me thinking once again about logging solutions.

I'd always intended on going to a SDM-500 as a dash / logging solution (as I've never been too happy with the onboard 1MB of the S6 Plus but hadn't looked into it in too much detail.

Something has occured to me - in order to utilise sView to its potential you need a Syvecs .SD file and I'd always imagined the Plex units would be able to create this format - however looking into their software it seems the Plex units create a Plex .SDL file something sView cannot use (at least as far as I am aware).

Can anyone comment or confirm the logging 'compatability' with the Syvecs ECU range of Plex products (either the SDM 102 / 500 or 700)?
T04GTR

Re: Plex / Syvecs logs.

Post by T04GTR »

WAS WONDERING THAT MYSELF.

i got a syvecs sdm700, from what i can gather its just got the syvecs logo engraved on the front, and nothing else.
fyi cant use the rotary joypad. its not configured for it. i know they are sorting the pro version out at the moment, mayby once its all sorted for a "hard" retail release we'll get something.
dr_jones

Re: Plex / Syvecs logs.

Post by dr_jones »

Interesting - not even something similar to the dedicated Syvecs control page?

Digging into this a little further I read from Plex on their Analysis S/W: (https://www.plex-tuning.com/products/pl ... alysis-sw/)

- "Take advantage of the Plex Data Analysis SW and use it to analyse data from any logging system (ECUs, dedicated loggers, etc)."

And from Syvecs (on the SDM 500 - can;t see anything explicit there on the SDM 700): (http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/displays/plex-dash/)

- "The SDMs are also capable of exporting their logged files in a file format compatible with the SYVECs S-View PC software"

So I guess there is a level of compatability - certainly couln't read the syvecs SD files with the 'BASIC' version of the Plex S/W though.