Changing Ring & Pinion After Mapping Session?

HD_Goofnut

Changing Ring & Pinion After Mapping Session?

Post by HD_Goofnut »

After a car has been mapped is it possible to change the ring & pinion for a different ratio without having to go through the mapping process again? I'm guessing not but would like some clarification before looking further into this.
stevieturbo

Re: Changing Ring & Pinion After Mapping Session?

Post by stevieturbo »

HD_Goofnut wrote:After a car has been mapped is it possible to change the ring & pinion for a different ratio without having to go through the mapping process again? I'm guessing not but would like some clarification before looking further into this.

Unless it is an extreme change, then very little work if any would need changed in the ecu.

The only one that may really need looked at would relate to road speed, but would depend where your road speed signal comes from.
HD_Goofnut

Post by HD_Goofnut »

stevieturbo wrote:Unless it is an extreme change, then very little work if any would need changed in the ecu.

The only one that may really need looked at would relate to road speed, but would depend where your road speed signal comes from.
Looking to change from a 3.769:1 to a 3.266:1, not sure if that would be classed as extreme? How easy would this be to sort out?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

HD_Goofnut wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:Unless it is an extreme change, then very little work if any would need changed in the ecu.

Looking to change from a 3.769:1 to a 3.266:1, not sure if that would be classed as extreme? How easy would this be to sort out?
I wouldnt expect it to make a huge difference
HD_Goofnut

Post by HD_Goofnut »

stevieturbo wrote:I wouldnt expect it to make a huge difference
That good, thanks ;)

Can anyone from Syvecs chime in just so I know I'm safe :)
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

HD_Goofnut wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:I wouldnt expect it to make a huge difference
That good, thanks ;)

Can anyone from Syvecs chime in just so I know I'm safe :)

Without knowing anything about the car, the usage, how it has been mapped etc etc etc, it is impossible to say 100% it will not need any work.

Doesnt matter who you ask, although of course the person you really need to ask is whoever mapped it in the first place.

But there isnt huge reason for a diff swap alone and no other changes to require anything major.