Starting but not 'running'.

dr_jones

Starting but not 'running'.

Post by dr_jones »

So I've now got to the point where the car is starting - but dies after say 2 seconds.

Doesn't seem to matter what the throttle position is - (though starting *does* require a little throttle - irrespective of throttle bypass min duty cycle).

I'm guessing fuelling(?) i.e. fuelling is somewhere near whilst cranking but once runMode is 'Run' things are going south.

Thing is as the period to capture data is soooo tiny I'm struggling to get anything to go on.

Am I best just to bump up the low load fuelling and see if I get something better or is there a some other function that's likely to be causing this issue?

Cheers,

-Ed.
dr_jones

Re: Starting but not 'running'.

Post by dr_jones »

Have tried modifying the whole primary fuelling map - so my inj openigng times are about right theoreticaly (1000cc/min comes out at approx 1.3 m/s @ 1000rpm @ 3 bar fuel pressure).

TBH not really much difference in the outcome from before - car fires and then very quickly dies.

I do see a sync 720 ->0 Critical Cam Error down in the bottom tight window of SCal - but I'm guessing that is *because* the engine stalled and not the resaon for it...

-Ed.
dr_jones

Re: Starting but not 'running'.

Post by dr_jones »

This turned out to be sensor calibration related (MAP / TPS) - Thanks to Romain (Syvecs) for pointing it out!

-Ed.