Output Testing.

jezzpalmer

Output Testing.

Post by jezzpalmer »

Hello,

Today I tried to use the output testing feature to test my ignition and injector outputs; though with no success.
Both base states are set to off, and I set a IGN pulse of 3ms and INJ of 5ms; then used + and - to send requests in the relevant pulse request section; but nothing appears to happen.

When I program the device with to enable the Input/Output Test Mode I get a pop up message 'Calibration Error : Output Test Mode programmed to enabled' which seems reasonable; then it connects with CONNECTED (not in sync); Is that to be expected/normal when in test mode?

Thanks,
Jezz.
jezzpalmer

Re: Output Testing.

Post by jezzpalmer »

Further to this I've just done some simple testing using a relay on an output (fuel10)
If I use Input/Output testing to turn the state of fuel10 on and off nothing happens.

If I assign fuel10 to a fan output and fiddle the switching temps I can switch the relay by toggling 'enable when engine stopped'.

This is v1.69 of the code on an S6.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I did test one output the other week, 1.67 as mentioned in the other thread about the fan

I/O testing is green and as such does not need to be D/P before operational. I think after when I saved and D/P'd I go the same error, but it's because the ecu doesnt want the engine to run whilst in test mode.
So do the test, but do not D/P before the test

I only tested simple off/on, as it was a fan, no pulse width etc

Although I'm near sure from memory for teh repeated pulse test you need to hold down the +/- key, not just a single press ?
jezzpalmer

Post by jezzpalmer »

Thanks Stevie, that seems so obvious now and it works. :)
Yeah you have to hold down or repeatedly press the + and - buttons to repeat the pulse.

Cheers,
Jezz.