Raspberry Pi ? logger ?

stevieturbo

Raspberry Pi ? logger ?

Post by stevieturbo »

I know sweet FA about such things....

But they are a small computer ? Is there any way one of these could be used with SData...to create a cheap standalone logger that could always receive and record streamed data from the memory limited S6's ?
ShiretokoEngineering

Re: Raspberry Pi ? logger ?

Post by ShiretokoEngineering »

You most definitely could but unfortunately SData is designed to run on windows and a raspberry pi runs on a few different operating systems but none of them really being windows 32 bit based.

These days you can buy very small, very efficient media pcs that are designed to sit in your lounge room playing movies and music. They costs a few hundred pounds. This would be a much better option in the short term but I'm now considering that it might be possible to use a raspberry pi with some tinkering. I'll see what I can figure out.

update: yes it can be done but I don't know how the raspb pi will keep up with the datalogging speed and the software required to emulate an x86 system. How keen are you on this? I can run some experiments in time.....
stevieturbo

Re: Raspberry Pi ? logger ?

Post by stevieturbo »

If it could be done cheaply, sort of keen.

Although as said, I wouldnt have a clue where to start with it myself and to be practical it would need to be fully automated