Cruise Stalk Settings

R8GT

Cruise Stalk Settings

Post by R8GT »

Hi,

I am running the S12 R8 PnP with a basic calibration that I believe came from Ryan's car.

The cruise control is not working as a cal switch.

I have the following I/O Configuration and Pin Assignments:

Cal down switch : NOT CONNECTED
Cal up switch : NOT CONNECTED
Calibration override switch : AN#01 (Gen) : C1-016
Calibration switch : NOT CONNECTED
---
Cruise control switch : NOT CONNECTED

Under Sensors / Calibration switch, the only one that has the input pullup to ON is the up/down switches, but I do notice:

In-range voltage mode: NO and the input voltage thresholds are the same for both up and down (1v to 4v).

And then in the calibration:

Calibration/Cruise Control/Overall cruise control enable : DISABLED

Can someone help me (as a complete novice !) how to get the cruise control stalk to act as the up/down Cal Switch.

Thanks
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Cruise Stalk Settings

Post by TimH »

I would think that this is a CANbus function, handled by the CAN bridge that's part of the install.

Maybe it needs a firmware update - this would 100% be a question for Ryan.
R8GT

Post by R8GT »

Thanks Tim,

You are likely right, this is most probably a Can bus function.

I've had a quick look in SCAL and notice that the ECU is set for a custom canbus datastream and also to receive canbus info from the ABS:

Datastreams / Bosch ABS M4-kit / Receive Bosch ABS M4-Kit CAN frames / YES

Also notice that Datastreams / Bosch ABS M4-kit / Receive Cruise Switch is set to NO.

Maybe this needs to be set to yes for the ECU to receive a signal from the switch ??

Might / or might not be looking in the right place !!

Awaiting one of the syvecs team .....
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

The Cal Up and Down signals come in over CanBus and hence not assigned in the pin assignments.

When the cruise lever is not in the on position ie pulled back from memory you can push it up to activate the Cal Up in the ECU and down for the opposite.

Check that the Cal Overide is Not ON either as that stops the Cal Up and Down working also

Ryan@syvecs.com
R8GT

Post by R8GT »

Thanks Ryan,

Confirmed Cal Override is Disabled.

I will check the cruise stalk to ensure it is not in the ON position and reply. Hopefully it is that simple :oops: .
R8GT

Post by R8GT »

OK, I have checked and the cruise control is not working in any instance. Not in it's normal operation and also not as a cal switch.

The cruise control stalk also must be forward in the on position to enable the switch to go up/down, as in the back/off position it is unable to move.

I have checked that the cal override is disabled.

So no joy yet. Is there anything else in the calibration options I mention above that has totally disabled the switch?

Ryan, would you prefer me to email you?
R8GT

Post by R8GT »

UPDATE:

I went through all the relevant cruise control and cal switch calibrations. I now have the Cruise stalk working as the up/down cal switch, and cal override is enabled by putting the cruise control switch into the off position.

Is there any way, apart from with Scal connected to the ECU, to determine which Cal is selected as per the GTR kit (i.e. Engine oil temp number or other)?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

R8GT wrote:UPDATE:

I went through all the relevant cruise control and cal switch calibrations. I now have the Cruise stalk working as the up/down cal switch, and cal override is enabled by putting the cruise control switch into the off position.

Is there any way, apart from with Scal connected to the ECU, to determine which Cal is selected as per the GTR kit (i.e. Engine oil temp number or other)?
Smon ? not that it really helps lol

Toucan dash is handy if there is no onboard solution.