west_minist

Re: Tools for making Harness'

Post by west_minist »

Nice.
west_minist

Post by west_minist »

I have a quick question guys.

Can you you run all sensors from the engine back to the Syvecs, without needing engine grounds like OEM?

This would allow me to put together the harness quickly as funds and time are very limited.

Update:

Ryan replied to me and to my understand, I can do that and ground at the Syvecs PwrGnds.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Sensor grounds (e.g. MAP sensor, pressure sensors, TPS etc.) need to go to ANALOGUE grounds not POWER grounds.

There are very few actuators that have ground wires - usually you run control wires to the ECU and, yes, you can run individual power wires back to the ECU and join them. Good practice is to keep coil power, injector power and "other" power as separate power feeds, through separate fuses.

Coilpack grounds are the ones you need to take most care with - bring these back to the ECU along with signal and power wires, but I would then group them to a ground wire going to an earth terminal post well connected to chassis. And make sure the engine itself is still well bonded to chassis - if for nothing else other than making sure the starter motor has a good connection to chassis!