S8 on R34 gtr issue

XKLABA 1

Re: S8 on R34 gtr issue

Post by XKLABA 1 »

I've searched high and low and can not find anything, so I figured I'd just post it here

I have this

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.shtml

it has two analog out puts, one for ethanol content and the other for fuel temp, I have set up the fuel temp but the content settings are in hz and I can not seem to see how to set it up with the analog input, any ideas how to go about setting it or will I have to use the signal directly from the sensor ?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

XKLABA 1

Post by XKLABA 1 »

thank you for your reply, ok so the computer won't take the the 5v analog input for ethanol content and I have to take the signal directly from the sensor

I gotta watch a few more of those help vids, Ryan makes it look so easy
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

The sensor alone is cheaper, but if you already have it then yes, just connect the sensor output to one of inputs 1-16 on an S8 (the other will not measure frequency) and set it up from there.
XKLABA 1

Post by XKLABA 1 »

yeah I have already got it so I will just tap into the signal, I have it connected to pin 8 IN16, it's the straight through GM sensor and as best as I can find it's 50hz-150hz

I still haven't got it to idle for more then 15+/- seconds ( I haven't actually timed it ), it comes down to 1000rpm for 15+/- seconds then dies
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

I got your cal file but no logs, logs are important when you are seeking help as they can show what's really happening to somebody like me.

You will probably find the car stalls because of fuelling issues, and a less than perfect fuel map around idle causing the lambda to hunt and the engine to stall because of leanness. Turn off closed loop fuel control to begin with as that can push the lambda up and down if not working nicely, and you need to have the fuelling good in the cells just above and below idle.

Another common thing is to not notice what's happening at idle with the ignition advance. I use a strategy that has best advance for running the motor around idle because the idle control will create an advance "well" to regulate the speed. I also do this on MoTeC using idle error but I've not seen anyone else do it, and consequently it's common to see that advance "well" in the main ignition map. If a tuner puts this into the ignition map without realising there is both a fixed offset and a idle error advance correction, you can end up with very retarded timing at idle and the motor will want to stall.
XKLABA 1

Post by XKLABA 1 »

Pavlo,

where do I find the logs ?

I haven't got a lambda in there yet, I am going to put twin lambda sensors in but just trying to get it running for now and will do upgrades like this at a later date, I better turn off the closed loop fueling, I didn't notice it was on

the rest I will pass on to the tuner

as always, thank you for your help

Cheers,

Michael
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

The closed loop fuelling isn't on anyway. You should really get the lambdas installed as you are not going to be able to effectively tune the fuelling. I am pretty sure you're stalling is due to lean fuelling or rich/lean cycling due to the map.

The logging has a default configuration to log some sensible values, but you are advised to configure it to include more things for initial tuning, and you can always reduce it back to a more compact setup later to give longer logging time. SCfg.exe is used for editing the logging config, and they can be saved as a file to make swapping easy.

The logs are retrieved using SData.exe and reviewed using SView.exe
XKLABA 1

Post by XKLABA 1 »

ok so after sorting out all the little issue I have had I have been able to get it on the dyno, so far it has put 623HP at all 4 on 28psi and the tuner is very impressed with the Syvecs S8

what he has found is roughly between 60-80% throttle in the higher rpm the motor has enough air flow to make full boost but with out it been full throttle it is overfueling, now he knows what needs to be done to rectify it but can not seem to configure the maps in such away to make it happen, he has tried a few different map configurations with no luck, he has one more way he wants to try he thinks should work

I hope I have explained that good enough to make sense, he explained it to me today but it is a bit beyond me, he has said this is an issue the GTRs have with ITBs when running solely on MAP

If he has no luck is it ok if he can Email someone for some help with the ECU settings so he can explain it alot better then I have, or if anyone has seen this before and can offer suggestions
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Needs TPS compensation.

I can help you get this set up.