Launch Control Settings

stevieturbo

Re: Launch Control Settings

Post by stevieturbo »

logging one at 10Hz, and the other at 20Hz....is already going to make a difference to how it appears.

Again, up the logging rate, and sort out the wheel speed sensor settings in the ecu.

You've seen my logs, there are no steps like that. Mine logs wheel speed pretty much immediately, so there's no reason others cannot.

There should be no big steps like that at all.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Equally noticeable there is the fact driven speed jumps so sharply so soon....ie lots of wheelspin. more teeth seen etc And those settings may be different than the front.

If you also log clutch pressure/position, you could see all of this relative to what you're doing with the clutch too ( and accel to see when it deems you have moved )
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

I'll check tonight Stevie. I'm pretty sure I cant change the logging frequency or any other logging parameters. LifeCFG doesn't allow me to view or edit logging configurations. It doesn't even allow me past the security screen at the start.

So instead I'll have a good look at the sensor setup in the ECU.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

Sensors>Defined Sensors and Trip Setups>Vehicle Speed>Measurement

Input Configurations: All Thermistor
Input Filters: All Off
Low Threshold Voltages: All 1.25V
High Threshold Voltages: All 3.75V
Tooth Timeouts: All 0.25V
Numbers of Teeth: Both front 8, both rear 6
Number of Teeth per Reading: All Zero

Must be the logging frequency set to 10Hz for the front axle then. I cant change that.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

Yeah, Number of teeth per reading = zero, not the best setting for the front sensors. I'll change it to 1, thanks Stevie
I guess I wont need the logging frequency changed from 10Hz in that case (which would require a trip to the tuners anyway, so not a 5 minute job)
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

That worked Stevie, many thanks

With both front wheels off the ground, as I spin both wheels together at the same rate by hand, one set to 1 shows instant speed, the other set to 0 lags behind. (Both gauges are set to 10Hz updates)

Video
https://youtu.be/l7XIJeY8knQ

I've now set them both to 1.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

This is the video of the SBD Ecoboost which pulls over 2G during the launch. I've slowed it down to 1/10th speed.

Looks like they hold at 4000rpm to build boost, and when the clutch is released, the rpm is then clamped at 3000 while the car gains speed and gradually the base engine rpm is raised.

Same as my settings apart from the 4000rpm launch part. I shall see about raising the base rpm and dropping it to 3000 as the car starts moving.

https://youtu.be/wcJ35ZzyUG8
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I would sooner launch it at 3000rpm, with a soft clutch release. If you can maintain power to accelerate without too much wheelspin...a lower launch rpm will help prevent breaking traction in the first place.

And take that g-reading with a rather large pinch of salt, as no way is it actually seeing 2g. Even something 4wd on a sticky surface with a damn good launch....isnt pulling a solid 2g.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

OK, I'll leave it at 3k, and try a little bit of clutch slip and see what happens. The improvement in front wheel speed updates might be worth a few tenths too. Its Anglesey this weekend, and only one of the 3.5L Gould V8's is entered, and possibly the Pilbeam 5.0L V10, so there's lots of extra points to be scored on both days.

Live timing will be on http://www.timeteamtiming.co.uk/Event-R ... d-Reports/
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

My best start yesterday was 2.17s 64ft

I altered the base engine rpm values and the car just got faster and faster each go, like it was machine learning.

Anyway, I noticed something interesting in the boost pressure on my quickest run so I may try a couple more changes for today.