CAN data for the AS10 GPS

thisguy

CAN data for the AS10 GPS

Post by thisguy »

Does anyone know the CAN protocol and bus speed for the GPS-A10? It see it allows me to select the predefined bus. I want other items on the bus to pull from the same data as well as possibly to define certain inputs to pull directly from the Bus. Thanks.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: CAN data for the AS10 GPS

Post by TimH »

Same as the Syvecs receiver, same as our (JTi) receiver: http://www.syvecs.com/downloads/Syvecs% ... Module.pdf
thisguy

Post by thisguy »

Tim, Thank You for the reply. I did look at the 50hz GPS notes. I would have assumed it would have been the same however the 50hz GPS also has an 3 axis gyroscope and if it was changed any more than just adding the gyroscope. Can you confirm the 10hz module is 1mb? With the GPS antenna being internal, do they have issues picking up signal under the dash? Thank You for your help.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I will confess to having not read your post thoroughly and thought it was an A10 not AG50. But...

- It is 1Mbit/s
- 0x680, 0x681, 0x682 and 0x683 messages are the same
- 0x684-on messages not present

So you're good to go :)

I have limited experience of the A10, and only did bench testing - it struggled to acquire satellites through the metal-clad roof of our unit whereas the later 50Hz versions are all excellent in this respect.
thisguy

Post by thisguy »

Can you also confirm if the AG50 is the same CAN bus output as the LifeRacing AG50? The Syvecs 10hz and LifeRacing 10Hz are pretty much identical, however the AG50's are in completely different enclosures and the LR unit has an external antenna. I would assume they a share the same bus but I dont know for sure. Thanks.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

LR, Syvecs and JTi 50Hz units all use exactly the same CAN IDs and data format. All use an external antenna.

LR and SYvecs 10Hz are 100% identical - they're the same unit, with internal antenna as you say.