Syvecs trips

secure

Syvecs trips

Post by secure »

Hiya!

How do I erase the trip limp modes when running?
I was on the track last month. During the session my oil pressure down to 1 bar during a hard corner and the trip triggered.
I had to have the engine shutdown and run again.( with all that temperatures)

Is there any way of doing this? May be by changing the calibration map or from scal?
stevieturbo

Re: Syvecs trips

Post by stevieturbo »

I leave Cal 1 with all safeties turned off ( basically a manual overide in case I want to ignore the safeties )

If you hit a trip, turn down to Cal1 and back again and this seems to reset things. Other than that, it's cycle the power off/on again I think is the only option.

Obviously you need to get the trips dialled in so events like that, where you're happy they are temporary do not trigger a trip. As generally you dont want to be overriding them either, but the above works.
secure

Post by secure »

Thank you! I was gonna try that but it is good to hear that its clearing trips by changing the map.

Low rpm, high amount of braking = 1.0 bar oilp.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

secure wrote:Thank you! I was gonna try that but it is good to hear that its clearing trips by changing the map.

Low rpm, high amount of braking = 1.0 bar oilp.
Yes, but set the dip time or trip time to long enough that incidents like that dont cause a trip. Need to find the right balance...as hitting the trip on track when you dont want, isnt a good thing either especially when it does kill the engine.

The Cal change would need to be to a Cal where that trip is not active, but as said, I just keep them all off on Cal01.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Since you have a Toucan maybe use CAL overrride to quickly switch to CAL 1 (using Stevie's suggestion for CAL1 setup)?