GDI12

olki

GDI12

Post by olki »

Hello,

I'm looking for a GDI driver for prototype engine development purpose. I came accross the Syvecs GDI12. Does anybody have experience with that driver?
How many outputs can be driven at the same time (for overlapping/simultaneous injection)?

Thank you

Olivier
stevieturbo

Re: GDI12

Post by stevieturbo »

I would guess as they are all independent inputs and outputs, there is no reason why all 12 couldnt be driven at any time ?

Probably best to email Syvecs directly though if the admin dont respond here.
olki

Post by olki »

Hi Stevie,

Thank you for your answer. I think that there must be some limitations since peak current for 1 injector is about 13A, so driving all injectors at the same time would mean that the unit should provide more than 150A for a short time. I don't think that it is realistic.
I'm in direct contact with Syvecs, but I did not get a clear answer yet.

Olivier
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Realistically at normal engine operating speeds etc...what sort of overlap and duty cycles would you expect to see ?

Injection events themselves with DI would be very small ? so a very low duty cycle ?
olki

Post by olki »

You are right when talking about normal engine operation. I'm working on an experimental engine and this is why I'm asking. It should not be difficult to find out the information on how much peak power the unit can deliver overall, but somehow I can't get it.
MReilly

Post by MReilly »

http://www.syvecs.com/downloads/Syvecs% ... Driver.pdf

On page 2 it seems to allude to there being an internal constraint due to pairs of low side outputs sharing a high side output...? That would still leave you at 75A potential current though based on your 150A suggestion, still sounds pretty high?

It uses this plug and pins;

http://www.te.com/usa-en/product-776164-5.html

So if you used the gold contacts it rates those to 17A each. From that syvecs.pdf the unit has 2 12v inputs, so 34A would be my guess as to an absolute maximum input current at any one time, 17A on outputs 1-6, 17A on outputs 7-12. This is reduced to 8A each if you used the tin contacts. There are also 2 ground connections, so the same would apply there.

What is it you are trying to achieve exactly, and how many cylinders/injectors?