Defi signal to syvecs

D12SDL

Defi signal to syvecs

Post by D12SDL »

Hi anyone no if I can take the signal from my defi sensors /fuel pressure and oil pressure -in perticul to then run to the syvecs or do I need the syvecs sensors installed.i like the gauges so not interested in a screen just yet .if this is possible anyone no what colour wire out of the 3 from sensor is used for signal to ecu
Thanks
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Defi signal to syvecs

Post by TimH »

No reason not to tap into the pressure sensor signal wires. Don't know the wire colours, but if its the usual 3 pin "metripack" connector (pins in a triangle) then its the one pin on its own, apex of the triangle, if that makes sense.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Oh, and no such thing as "Syvecs sensors". They're just sensors that you set up in the Cal :)
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Best to test the sensor for which wire, but as Tim says no real reason why you cannot just tag onto the signal wire.

Although as technically it isnt referenced to the same signal ground from the ecu, it may not always be considered as accurate as a dedicated sensor to the ecu, but it should still be safely usable as long as the gauge supplying power to it is reliable.

That said...I did this for a while with my Greddy FP gauge and the reading did vary a bit, so it put me in doubt about whether the gauge actually used a regulated reference voltage for the sensor.
madships

Post by madships »

Could this be do with resistive temp sensors as well? I assume not?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

madships wrote:Could this be do with resistive temp sensors as well? I assume not?
On the inputs where you can turn off the internal pullup it may be possible. But it is highly likely connecting a 2 wire resistive sensor to two devices will skew the readings. Certainly if the internal pullup is on it will mess up the reading for sure.

But you could test it and try.