Syvecs Android App - CarPC

For support and updates on the Syvecs Bluetooth module

Moderator: Wez

speedjunkie

Syvecs Android App - CarPC

Post by speedjunkie »

Wez wrote:The best way to check sensors would be to compare what is displayed in sCal to what you are seeing on the App, it should be the same as long as the calcs are correct.
Oh I hadn't thought of that. I'll try that, thanks!
Wez wrote:Are you referring to the Android BETA App?

If so it does support rotation and works in all orientations when used on a phone or tablet, do you know what version of Android is running on the CarPC?

Its possible that the CarPC might be presenting the orientation incorrectly, I could look at including a locked landscape setting or maybe roll out a CarPC version, what CarPC are you using?
Indeed I am. I downloaded it onto my Note 3 a while back but hadn't done much with it. I did notice that it rotates on the phone, but I don't rotate the CarPC so I hadn't tried it. I could try that and see what happens, but I figured it was just a limitation of the stereo itself. I don't see why they'd add rotation to the features haha. The ad says it's running Android 4.4, which is what I looked for specifically after reading one of the Android threads here.

I'm pretty sure it is presenting it incorrectly, yes. It's a Chinese unit from eBay haha. It's pretty impressive for the price though, it has pretty much everything I wanted and it was the only thing I found that I knew for sure had Android and I couldn't find anything running a Mac OS and I didn't feel like rigging the iPad to work for it. I figured for the price I could chance that it wouldn't work with the app. This is the exact one I got.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPACITIVE-7-An ... rmvSB=true
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Re: Syvecs iPhone / iPad App Chat

Post by Wez »

Can you post a pic of the app running on it.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
speedjunkie

Post by speedjunkie »

Sure! I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow. Do you just want a pic of the main screen? I don't have any gauges or anything set up.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

speedjunkie wrote:Sure! I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow. Do you just want a pic of the main screen? I don't have any gauges or anything set up.
Yeah that is fine, also if you get chance can you take a look through the settings on the CarPC to see if there is anything related to orientation / rotation or default presentation.

Thanks
speedjunkie

Post by speedjunkie »

The opening screen

Once it's open

A couple other pics

I'll look into the orientation options. So far I haven't seen anything but I'll look again.
speedjunkie

Re: Syvecs iPhone / iPad App - Classic

Post by speedjunkie »

There were a couple options in there, one locking landscape and the other was something about automatic rotation, and neither one seemed to do a damn thing lol. I tried a few different things between the two of them and turned the unit on it's side, and nothing changed.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Re: Syvecs iPhone / iPad App - Classic

Post by Wez »

Looking at the pics it is not a rotation issue as its picked up the correct orientation, there is something else going on there, the splashscreen works correctly, I am guessing its something to do with the WebKit on the Android build, can you access a web browser on the device?
speedjunkie

Re: Syvecs Android App - CarPC

Post by speedjunkie »

Yes I can. I was able to get on the forums to download the beta app, so I'm hoping I can go wherever you're about to tell me to go.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

speedjunkie wrote:Yes I can. I was able to get on the forums to download the beta app, so I'm hoping I can go wherever you're about to tell me to go.
I was just wondering if you could get a screen capture of any other webpage and that it looks normal.

Try https://html5test.com/ and post the results.
speedjunkie

Post by speedjunkie »

Sorry, my dad has been in town visiting and I keep forgetting to post the results. I took a pic of all parts of the results of this test, and if you want I'll post all the pics, but for now I'll just post the score and the QR code you can read to see the whole thing for yourself, assuming you have an app that reads QR codes of course.

Let me know if you want all the pics.

Oh and I'll take some pics of some other webpages too.