Flat Foot Shifting – add a clutch switch to your Syvecs

TimH
JT Innovations

Flat Foot Shifting – add a clutch switch to your Syvecs

Post by TimH »

Now added to the JT Innovations shop – a clutch switch and cable harness that can be added to your setup. The switch has an M10x1.25 thread which very conveniently screws straight in to the pedal box of Subaru Imprezas of all model years, as well as to many other cars.

Once wired to a spare input, your CAL will need to be configured to make use of it for flat foot shifting using the "Gear Cut" functions. This allows you to change gear without lifting your foot from the accelerator pedal, making for much faster gear changes.
secure

Re: Flat Foot Shifting – add a clutch switch to your Syvecs

Post by secure »

That's nice! I was looking something like this. Wish I had bought this with the last shipment.

But I am bit confused now. According to my pin assigment table stock neutral switch sensor assigned to Launch Control sw.(this activates the launch state)
Can we use this sensor for both Clutch depressed SW and Launch Control SW?
Just trying to save my inputs: D It would be nice to use it instead of neutral SW.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Good question - I've not tried assigning the same switch for two purposes, but I guess it could well serve both purposes. If I assign it in SCal to both gear cut and launch it shows red (an error) but I don't know what happens if you try it for real.

I'll give it a try in the morning and let you know :)
secure

Post by secure »

I assigned both Launch Control SW to Clutch Depressed SW to the same input. One is high lighted to yellow. I think it is doable in the offline calibration but not sure if that will engage both launch control and gear cut.
secure

Post by secure »

Ahh I see the Gear Cut Request input right now.
So what is gear cut request input actually?
Clutch Depressed SW has the polarity. Pressed or depressed.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Took me a while to get it sussed, and had to seek help from Pat-the-map lol.

First port of call is the "Gear Shift" section to set gearshift mode as manual; then under "Manual Shift Inputs" you find all the cut input polarity setup, etc.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I tried to assign the same input for the launch switch and for gear cut, but the ECU won't allow it :(

So it needs separate inputs for separate functions unfortunately.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

But that will never work, the launch is an enable switch, and the gear cut is a timed request. With the latest firmware you don't really need a launch enable switch as you can have the launch auto enable and reset with TPS and vehicle speed thresholds.