Cruise/Volume s.wheel buttons

For Subaru Technical Chat
secure

Cruise/Volume s.wheel buttons

Post by secure »

Hi!

Can Subaru cruise and radio buttons used as an Syvecs input say "rolling start" or "calsw" ?

Cheers
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Cruise/Volume s.wheel buttons

Post by pat »

The cruise buttons are normally connected to the OEM ECU on the later DBW models. On the earlier cable throttle models the cruise was implemented by a separate unit which actuated a secondary throttle cable - in that case you wouldn't be able to pick up the cruise buttons at the ECU. I don't recall seeing an OEM wiring schedule where the radio buttons go to the ECU but perhaps on the late model CAN bus cars there may be a message that could be picked up but it's not something we've actively looked for.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
secure

Post by secure »

Actually I would like to add those oem buttons for my steering wheel for some function but not sure how do they work.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Audio buttons are like a CAL switch, with a resistive divider chain between pins 4 and 5 of the connector. The audio system does have a low speed CANbus system but this is not connected to the ECU.

Cruise control buttons also have a resistive divider between pins 6 and 7, with the main on/off switch between pins 8 and 6. No CANbus - connected direct to ECU.
secure

Post by secure »

Great info thanks!