dccd control on 2006sti with syvecs ecu

For Subaru Technical Chat
gasman1

dccd control on 2006sti with syvecs ecu

Post by gasman1 »

I have a 2006sti with a syvecs ecu fitted and have just had a underside refresh done and now have a flashing green 0 on the dash display for my diff
i looked at the connectors for adjusting the diff and both were not connected to the buttons???
does the syvecs control the diff and if so why is my green 0 light flashing does the syvecs need to be reset for dccd control because all my sensors were removed for my refurb..tks paul
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: dccd control on 2006sti with syvecs ecu

Post by TimH »

It's not that common to have the Syvecs control the DCCD, and it's certainly not part of the standard "PnP" solution.

OEM DCCD control in the '06 uses a dedicated controller with a yaw sensor input as well as steering angle. Also TPS and probably a few other inputs too (can't remember without looking).

Flashing green "0" is an indication of a fault. I had this when my TPS failed (due to an engine bay fire: don't ask!), but, I assume, could be due to other connections missing too.
gasman1

Post by gasman1 »

I ask because when i checked the connector for dccd control they were off and tucked under the carpet..and green light wasnt flashing before the underside was stripped and refurbed
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Easiest diagnostic would be to take a look at your CAL and see if the DCCD functionality has been set up, and if a DCCD output is configured. It would need some customisation of the wiring to control the DCCD from the Syvecs.

Otherwise I would say you have missing connections, as above. Why this has happened after the work you've had done is difficult to guess!
gasman1

Post by gasman1 »

can the sensors be checked via the syvecs to see which one has a fault i guess the obd port will no longer function
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

The DCCD unit mostly uses sensors that are connected, by default, to the engine ECU (Syvecs or OEM) and DCCD control unit, so you should be able to check their correct functioning via SCal bu looking either for sensor error messages, or checking the actual inputs.

Sensors used are:

- accelerator pedal
- neutral position sensor (a good candidate for being disconnected after the work you've had done?)
- Yaw Rate sensor (directly connected to DCCD controller, not to engine ECU)
- Steering angle centre (connected via CANbus, not to engine ECU)
- "volume control" and any auto/manual switches (not connected to engine ECU)
- DCCD connection itself (not connected to engine ECU)

So you can check the first two are OK via Syvecs: if the pedal wasn't working, you'd know about it, so only real candidate is the NPS, or the fact that the switches themseldves are disconnected (maybe they disassembled some of the interior for some reason)?
gasman1

Post by gasman1 »

think ive got the cause
when the underbody refurb was done it was a full strip and i think the steering angle sensor is out of calibration as steering wheel turns 1.5 turns to right but only 1 to the left