Cruise control for Subaru Hatch S6GP PnP

For Subaru Technical Chat
gorjiam

Re: Cruise control for Subaru Hatch S6GP PnP

Post by gorjiam »

Ah, I just tried that. Now it works. I feel so stupid. Thank you Pavlo Sir.
For the record, I need to do similar for LonG.

But unfortunately, I can't say cruise control works. Well, it works, but the Bpf numbers that supposedly came in via the CANBus are crazy and unstable.
It doesn't make one feel safe. Cruise control will just cut out for no reason (or reason being it thinks brakes are on when the car is perfectly fine)
Also there isn't any way to have an indicator light on whether cruise control is working. Does the Toucan gives any Syvecs cruise control function indication?
I think meanwhile I'll wire the brake switch to a relay giving +5V to an input and call it the Bpf input.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

gorjiam wrote:Does the Toucan gives any Syvecs cruise control function indication?
Latest Toucan firmware has a couple of generic status indicators that you could use for this, yes. You would need to add the necessary cruise control status parameters to the CAN datastream, then tell Toucan where in the stream these are, and add the status indicators to the Toucan gauge screens.
gorjiam

Post by gorjiam »

I got the cruise control working. Did it by wiring an opto isolater to the brake switch and using the +5V input. So at least now the cruise cuts out in a more controlled manner.
Had to figure out the brake pressure sensor maximum/minimum V limits and it's propose.
The cruise cuts out when the vehicle enters into a downslope or reaches the top of an upslope because of the engine speed limit, but it's not a very big problem.
*Edit* Realised can adjust the P and I values of the PID loop. above is no longer a problem.