Re: Cam sensor sync issues after 2.35 build

Post by Motoka »

cheers which pins did you use?
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Inj 5 and 6

IC Auto spray and check engine light. The former wont be there on a UK so you will need to either pinch an unused wire from somewhere else on the connectors or get a spare from another loom.

Check the technical info posted elsewhere on here (ie do some searching) for the correct way to wire in the anti flyback diodes you will need to make it work properly.
Motoka

Post by Motoka »

Thanks again. By way of an update I have wired in the AVCS solenoids with diodes and the system is up and running. The misfire continues to haunt me at around 2000-2500 rpm.

I have added up to %15 on the fuel map around the point it occurs but it still persists. See lean spike to 16.2:1 AFR around 53 seconds.

I have run a log per your good advice. Lambda was already at top of down pipe post turbo. I disabled CLL for the log. Inj angle is now 360. Cam/Crank sensors and lambda now logged at 1000hz.

I'd appreciate your view on the health of the cam signal in particular on AN1. The magnitude seems to range from to 1.3 to 3.7v and then from 0-5v on other peaks rather than a consistent 0-5v sweep on both peaks as the cam wheel passes. It is most noticeable around 51-53 seconds when the car was hesitating during the run. High cam trigger set at 3.3v and low at 1.5v so there is no sync fault.

Also on the way back the AVCS stopped working and flagged a VVT fault with an EOP error. Could it be related? I checked the wiring and it is ok and the sensors are still reading bang on.
Attachments
mis log 3.SD
(607.23 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Your cam or crank sensors are NOT CAUSING YOUR MISFIRE!

The "misfire" is nothing more than lean running, and the cure is nothing more complicated than to map the car properly. Specifically the fuelling at 2000rpm and 940mbar is not enough, you can see clearly on the log that as RPM increases so does your fuel opening time and the lambda drops accordingly. Enabling the VVT will have added about 10-15% fuel requirement at low load on top of what you had before.

The Cam sensor logs pretty nicely at 1000hz, but the crank is too fast to be captured, so at some points you get all the low voltage points and not a full wave form. The VVT cam sensors are correctly connected and have a nice clean waveform.

I would turn on the closed loop lambda, make sure it's got good tuning parameters (default maps will be no good) and tune with that on all the time. Anything that you're trying to tune, like Cll or boost control, VVT etc, make sure the PID parameters are on the logging too. If you're running non OEM cams then it's very likely that at 2500rpm you will run into some fluffyness too, I would run less AVCS advance at 1000mbar probably more like 10-15degrees, and ramp it up as go into more positive boost. Your injector battery compensation is also way out.
Motoka

Post by Motoka »

All sorted now :) . Thanks again for your wise counsel Paul.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Glad to have helped. Hope you have further success and enjoyment fine tuning the calibration!