S6 Pnp MY99-00 with newage upgrade

For Subaru Technical Chat
Chartreux

S6 Pnp MY99-00 with newage upgrade

Post by Chartreux »

Hi,

I have some wiring questions for my project.
I own a Classic GC8 MY00 with S6 PnP and I want to make wiring of my new engine with spec as below :

2.1 CDB
JDM big port AVCS heads (2 pins connector)
New age inlet manifold
New age coil packs
New age TPS
New age idle valve
Mafless => MAP will be upgraded for Omni or perrin (direct fit advantage) / IAT probably somewhere just before throttle body.

So, here is a first though of how I imagine to wire the things after lots of reading here and on other forums. I don't know yet how/where to wire IAT, TPS, Idle valve, but can you please help me to confirm if I'm right or wrong in my thinking

Just a pic of engine. Inlet manifold will be reversed
Subaru MY99-00 EUDM
EJ20 CDB forged and stroked to 2,1l
JDM AVCS heads with exhaust porting and +1mm valve
Chevron Motorsport Twin Scroll Turbo (HTA68)
Lateral performance FMIC
Twinscroll header and uppipe
ID 1000cc inj
SYVECS S6GP PnP + Cal switch
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: S6 Pnp MY99-00 with newage upgrade

Post by pavlo »

Not quite right.

But don't worry, you are not far off!

The first step is to do a more normal diagram, it's very hard to follow what you've put there.

Some points:

The coil wiring is correct.

You can't use ignition outputs to drive a solenoid, the AVCS solenoids must be driven by spare PWM (aux) or fuel outputs. Fortunately you only need one of the 4 idle outputs on the newage idle valve and the 99/00 stepper has 4 outputs going to it. so use 2 of the spare outputs from there and you will be okay. Connect one pin to ignition switch +12v (the 12v on the idle motor should be enough to drive the solenoids and newage ISCV), connect the cathodes of the flyback diodes to +12v and connect the other solenoid pin to pins 2 and 3 on the stepper motor connector (AUx6 and AUX7)

Your map sensor will still be connected to the factory wiring on the RH suspensoin turret, so a normal barbed 3 or 4 bar will be needed, if you want to use the sensor on the throttle body you will need to extend the wires from the MAF/MAP loom.

IAT from MAF sensor wire if the car doesn't have an inlet temp sensor, O2 sensor another option.

You need to connect the AVCS sensors to AN03 and AN04 if you are using 2wire sensors as the other inputs do not handle bipolar signals as per your diagram, however if I were you I would use 2 ground wires and have 2 twisted pairs for the AVCS sensors, with the two ground wires going all the way to the ECU.

Use the 99/00 Engine loom, swap the TPS connector, Splice the ISCV wires into the old stepper motor wires (Ground, +12v and Aux5), get some different injector connector shells and just swap them into the existing pins, AVCS solenoids into pins 2+3 of stepper motor fed from +12v on same bundle. Run 2x twisted pairs to ECU for AVCS sensors along with 4 trigger wires for the coils.
Chartreux

Post by Chartreux »

Thank you very much for your input Pavlo.
I know that my wiring is not so common, but in the same time, I try to figure exactly how/where to wire physically on the ECU.

I'll analyse your answer and wiring diagram of the cars, and I'll correct my diagrams. Thanks again for time spent to write me your answer.

I'll post new diagrams later.
Subaru MY99-00 EUDM
Lateral performance FMIC
ID 1000cc inj
Chartreux

Post by Chartreux »

Happy new year to all Syvecs members !!

Now, I'm back for some new wiring diagram. Coil wiring is OK, so now I hope I've well understood Pavlo's advice.

TPS Swap

Idle Swap + AVCS Solenoids

IAT

I've not finished yet AVCS Sensors wiring. I hope I'm right now :roll:
Subaru MY99-00 EUDM
Lateral performance FMIC
ID 1000cc inj
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Assuming the pins you've chosen are correct as listed you should be okay. The only caveat is I seem to remember that there was an incorrect pin given for what you'll probably want to use for the AVCS sensor input.
Chartreux

Post by Chartreux »

I'm back again, it's a slow built so... ;)

I've spet some time to study again the wiring diagrams and tried to well understand what had been written, translate it into "real" world.
So I'm not so sure about wiring AVCS sensor, so please let me know what you think about the diagram below.
I was surprised that some pins were not used on OEM ECU, but maybe it's wired into Syvecs ECU

Question : Where to buy some pins to insert into connector of the OEM loom ?

Just to clarify, I've updated the other diagram with more notes :

I hope that I'm right now and that it can help other people, that's why I've updated all my diagrams
Cheers :roll:
Subaru MY99-00 EUDM
Lateral performance FMIC
ID 1000cc inj
secure

Post by secure »

That is great help.
I'm doing the same thing for MY98. Did you keep the oem wiring loom or used newage wiring?

I want to use newage wiring and merge to oem F60-F61-E20 connectors. Not sure if its a good idea though! :geek:
Attachments
-font-b-Yazaki-b-font-10-sets-Kit-16-Pin-Way-Waterproof-Electrical-Wire-font.jpg_220x220[1].jpg
-font-b-Yazaki-b-font-10-sets-Kit-16-Pin-Way-Waterproof-Electrical-Wire-font.jpg_220x220[1].jpg (26.46 KiB) Viewed 25674 times
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

secure wrote:That is great help.
I'm doing the same thing for MY98. Did you keep the oem wiring loom or used newage wiring?

I want to use newage wiring and merge to oem F60-F61-E20 connectors. Not sure if its a good idea though! :geek:
I do this all the time - customers deliver me the newage loom and the classic loom and I transplant the engine loom multiplugs from the classic loom to the newage (using new terminals and seals) and add in any new wiring (e.g. AVCS) on a seperate multiplug. I could use new connectors, but re-using the old shells is usually no problem.

Most stuff (injectors, ignition - with some caveats about bridging out any amplifiers etc.) transplants just fine, with the only real care needed being the different idle control arrangements between the model years but with a Syvecs this is a doddle to sort.
secure

Post by secure »

I'm very confused. :roll:

I trying to make proper oem looking wiring but there are tones of cables to think about. Since I've upgraded MY07 long ratio 6 SPD a few years ago I also need to think about VSS, DCCD and lambda cables that goes to Syvecs and keeps some inputs and outputs.I want to collect all extra cables into one hand but I'm moving away from running the new engine. May be I should first concentrate on this.

I took the multimeter and traced which wires goes to where and made a sheet.
STI SPEC C Connectors B20, F60, F61

EJ20K Connectors B20, F60, F61

Classic and newage connectors are different. So I cut some some connectors from friends car :twisted:

The plan is to merge connectors crank sensor to crank cam to cam. Classic has 30 wires newage is 37. So I need to build new wirings for two AVCS sensor, two AVCS solenoid, two more ignition outputs. =) Lots of things to do for me as i m not very familiar with electronics.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

You should have already had VSS ?

And Lambda isnt an issue there, you should be using the dedicated wideband Lambda input on the Syevcs, not the analogue inputs for narrowband type sensors