Error with ect2V and MAP-1A

For Subaru Technical Chat
flitzow

Error with ect2V and MAP-1A

Post by flitzow »

Hello guys,

I'm a newbie here and seeking your advices/expertise. Recently, I connected to S6 P&P to look at the data and I found 3 errors as in the images below.

#1: The sub-cooling fan didn't function eventho the water temperature rose until 110°C; only the main cooling fan worked properly. I took out the fan and motor and send them for testing; both were working finely. There seemed no voltage supplied to the motor (ect2V). How to look for the culprit/problem source by looking at the data? Is it fuse or relay or wiring?

#2: During hot day recently, when I drove the car and dropped the gear, the RPM went down below than 500 RPM and the engine shutdown abruptly. At the moment the engine died, the voltage dropped below than 10V. But this problem didn't happen during the cold days. I believe that the incident happened has some kind of relation with the errors at MAP-1A

Could any1 provide some idea or explanation on the incidents happened? Thanks in advance.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: Error with ect2V and MAP-1A

Post by pavlo »

You have posted a few screen shots that show nothing besides you're water temp hitting 110deg.

First of all, ect2v is the voltage of the second ECT sensor, I am guessing you don't have a second sensor configured, so this should remain zero.

Your fans are outputs, and outputs in general do not supply a voltage, they supply a ground which will turn on the fan relay.

The fans outputs need to be configured, and the fans need to actually work! Have you checked the wiring? Fuses? Relays?

For the most part the engine needs to be running for the fans to come on too.

The other error you point out is a historic error 15 power cycles ago.

I would suggest you engage the direct help of a Syvecs savvy expert (and expect to pay for their time) and have your problem diagnosed in about 10 minutes.
flitzow

Post by flitzow »

I'll give a check 1st. Tq
flitzow

Post by flitzow »

pavlo wrote:You have posted a few screen shots that show nothing besides you're water temp hitting 110deg.

First of all, ect2v is the voltage of the second ECT sensor, I am guessing you don't have a second sensor configured, so this should remain zero. - In progress to get more data

Your fans are outputs, and outputs in general do not supply a voltage, they supply a ground which will turn on the fan relay. - Surely I know it. :)

The fans outputs need to be configured, and the fans need to actually work! Have you checked the wiring? Fuses? Relays? - Currently in progress
flitzow

Post by flitzow »

Prob #1 is resolved :)

TQ
flitzow

Post by flitzow »

Both are resolved. TQ