Syvecs EGT not working

For Subaru Technical Chat
Dutch scooby lover

Syvecs EGT not working

Post by Dutch scooby lover »

Hello all.
I have fitted a EGT sensor in the exhaust, and have connected it to the Syvecs EGT port.
In the cal file I set the Sensors:EGT input type to K-type thermocouple, and set the linearisation to all 0

In the I/O screen I assigned EGT sensor 1 to KT+

However, as soon as the car is started the Syvecs gives a EGT to low error, and my Toucan or SCal report a EGT value of 0

What have i missed, or what do you guys think could be the problem.

Thanks in advance
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Syvecs EGT not working

Post by TimH »

If it's reported low EGT immediately at start up, I would think that maybe the "too low runtime" is set at too low a value, causing the "too low temperature" to trip before the engine's warmed up.

If the sensor is flagged as faulty, then it should default to the "default sensor reading" which is usually 900C - but you say Toucan is reporting 0? So also check that the CAN definitions do include EGT in the correct place. And also check the default sensor reading is not 0C!!
Dutch scooby lover

Post by Dutch scooby lover »

Sorted.

The low alarm was set at 200 degrees, but the low alarm time was set to 1 second.
So after cranking the car the low time timer was already run out, thus defaulting the sensor.
I've set this to 10 seconds, and the low temperature warning to 50 degrees, and no more problems.

THe default temperature at error was set to 0 degrees, so that's why the gauge showed 0 instead of 900
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Glad you sorted it :)