ALS & Dccd track advice needed.

For Subaru Technical Chat
secure

ALS & Dccd track advice needed.

Post by secure »

I have never mapped ALS and DCCD for track use so need some advice here.
I am wondering if switching ALS ON worth the time you earn beside damaging the turbo?
I will be running %100 ethanol as fuel for cooling things. (may add some petrol) How should be the tuning strategy for ALS? It is standart Super 16G turbo. What should be the retard map at max ATDC and fuel cut min of % ? Should I use fuel multiplier? I would be happy to see a ALS pastecal for road cars running tracks.

Regarding for the diff control I am tottally out of this subject. I have just tried to imitate oem map. Any advice on the dccd map?

More advice are also welcome as it is the first time on the track and I would like to see how the car will perform. I am going to use engine trips and exhaust recovery for ALS. Thinking running below 0.78 lambda or may be 0.75 for cooling things. Thanks to Syvecs calswitch I may also use a global fuel multplier if needed. I am in the dillema between running more boost or advancing ignition for reliability issues as the engine already done 200K stock and something probably will gonna break there =)

Regards
cb
secure

Re: ALS & Dccd track advice needed.

Post by secure »

I am also going to try a remote tuning session with a 4G connection. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Someone should drive my car for this. Lots of Enjoy!
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

How is the DCCD wired? If it's going via an H-bridge then you need to use 50-100% duty not 0-100, as 0% is becomes fully on with reversed polarity. If it's direct that map shown will be an okay start but you might want more lock at around 50% upwards and less at 30% and less.

As for als, I wouldn't use any fuel multiplier. The cut will put fresh air into the exhaust and will lower the EGT, but too much and you won't have any power at part throttle. You probably want to aim for around 15deg ATDC as a rough guide on overrun with some air bypass, I would probably try about 40% cut and see how you go.
secure

Post by secure »

Thanks! DCCD schottky flyback diode cathode to the +12V feed and the anode to the injector output. I will try and see how als go. I don't think I'll get more than pops and bangs.