Replacing the stock Impreza ACT sensor by a Fae 33160 one

For Subaru Technical Chat
macromraco

Replacing the stock Impreza ACT sensor by a Fae 33160 one

Post by macromraco »

Hi!

A few months ago, I got a PnP Syvecs unit for my JDM Impreza STi ver. 6. I installed it myself and got a professional remote mapping service that set it up for me (I know nothing about EMS! But have taken a look at many documents here to learn at least the basic).

I'm currently working on replacing the stock intake air temp sensor of my JDM STi ver. 6 (the one that is attached to the air box intake) for a generic FAE 33160 one, fitted close to the throttle body in the intercooler.

When I wire it to the stock iat sensor wires that go to the Syvecs unit and turn the key (w/o starting the engine) I get the following error message in SCal:

Does anybody know if the FAE sensor is not working or if it is just a matter of setting it up correctly?

ACT1 was set by the mapper accordingly to the stock sensor (Thermistor, 4.9v high voltage, 0.1v low voltage, default reading 30º et cetera) and works fine with it.

Thank you for the help.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Replacing the stock Impreza ACT sensor by a Fae 33160 one

Post by TimH »

Sounds like a wiring problem, or a genuinely failed ACT sensor.
macromraco

Re: Replacing the stock Impreza ACT sensor by a Fae 33160 one

Post by macromraco »

I tested everything today and didn't find a wire problem, but found a bad connector!

Fixed that and now it is working without any configuration changes (same config for both: stock Impreza act sensor and FAE 33160), just a PNP replacecement.

Thanks TimH for the help!