no check light and buzzing from relay box

For Subaru Technical Chat
Tweaks

no check light and buzzing from relay box

Post by Tweaks »

hi all

i'm just starting to get towards the end of my build now and recently purchased a s6pnp off a lad with a blobeye,so sent it off to charlie so it could be converted to 3 plug to fit my v3 sti 97'.

i'm hoping someone could shed some light on a problem i've come across tonight,basically the car is at a point where it can be started to make sure it does :lol:
so i fitted the s6 and put ign on and had a lot of buzzing which i traced to main relay box on n/s inner wing and no 'check engine light',and no fuel pump prime either.
thought i'd try the standard ecu board just to see if it happened with that on and the car fired up on the first turn with no buzzing and everything as it should be,albeit it wanted to rev straight up as basically nothing is fitted on the induction side of things and the obvious no maf etc.

if someone can shed some light on this it would help no end.

Thanks

Tim
Tweaks

Re: no check light and buzzing from relay box

Post by Tweaks »

Simon has kindly sorted me on this problem.

big thankyou JGM

Tim
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Tim,

Glad to hear Simon has helped you out with this, but for the benefit of others....

When changing the carrier board on an S6, the I/O configuration will also change (have a look at the I/O schedule in the S6GP/PnP Technical section) so it will be necessary to flash a calibration onto the ECU which matches the new carrier board and vehicle.

It should be remembered that there are very few "hard" connections on the S6 and S8, by this I mean that there is no "Crank" input per se, you can feed the crank signal into any one of 4 pins which are capable of detecting crank rotation, so carriers are designed with the maximum flexibility in mind and that will often necessitate that different ECU inputs and/or outputs are used for what is notionally the "same" function - just because "Idle" was on one output on one carrier does not mean it will be on the same output on a different carrier!

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Tweaks

Post by Tweaks »

Thanks for the reply pat,

I understand what you're saying with the input/outputs,Simon kindly sent over a file for me,so once loaded on everything was fine :)

Massive learning curve for myself as ecuflash was so simple to use.

Cheers

Tim