Hybrid crank and cam setup

For Subaru Technical Chat
jinglezdj

Hybrid crank and cam setup

Post by jinglezdj »

Hi chaps,

Can you tell me if I can confidure the Syvecs to run with a G10 crank sensor but also reading the cam signal using the AVCS pulley? I have an engine that has AVCS heads fitted to it for a classic v5 car, which I have put the standard G10 crank trigger wheel on and wondered if I could create a custom configuration in SCAL to read the correct trigger pattern from the crank and also another trigger pattern for the cam? AVCS is currently not wired in as I wanted to add the wiring loom at a later date along with larger injectors and turbo. I was hoping that I could just run it as is for now.

Thanks,
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Hybrid crank and cam setup

Post by pat »

There is currently no support for G10 crank / G11 cam combination. The G10 crank pattern has no unique features to key off so it has to use the cam for that. The G11 crank pattern HAS got unique features so you can key off it and that means Manual Cam Checklist is possible so you can have pretty much any cam pattern with it. Will have a look to see how much effort it would be to add a custom G10/11 pattern. Note however that the G10 pattern is deprecated like the Evo 4G63 pattern. Both are good examples of not to generate a timing signal. The G11 pattern is far better, so would recommend swapping the wheel.

Cheers,

Pat.
jinglezdj

Re: Hybrid crank and cam setup

Post by jinglezdj »

Hi Pat,

Yeah I thought you may say something along those lines, I'll swap over the crank trigger wheel.