Closed Loop Wideband Lambda

For Subaru Technical Chat
secure

Closed Loop Wideband Lambda

Post by secure »

Hey!

I've been focused on the closed loop wideband tuning with no success yet. I'm running LC1 programmed to 0v-9afr / 5v-20afr connected to AU2(Pin B5). On the pin assigment settings Lambda Sensor 2 assigned to AN6(AU2) and Lambda 1 is assigned to "not connected"

In the sensors settings - Linerization I set the value according to 0v-9afr / 5v-20afr, input config to 5V and sensor type to Wideband uego.

In the runmode fueling settings - closed loop lambda overall enable to BANK2. - Wideband Lambda Sensors Base Target values does not effect the actual AFR.

Lam2 13
CllEnable: Bank2
clltarget2: 14.00
cllerror: -1.00 (if the actual afr is 13)

So the ecu knows the actual AFR and target AFR but does not make the compensation. Where do I make the mistake? When I make changes over base injection time 1 the actual AFR changes so it makes me to believe it still reads from the base injection map even it cllenable.(open loop) Fueling is super duper smooth with these settings but cant make the wideband target afr worked yet.

Cheers
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: Closed Loop Wideband Lambda

Post by Ryan.g »

Can you post a copy of your map and i will have a look for you.

Ryan
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

I would hazard a guess that you haven't told the ECU that the cylinders are in bank 2... If you look at Engine Configuration -> Bank Allocation you'll probably find they're all set to BANK1 at the moment.... This means that although CLL is running on BANK2, there are no cylinders in BANK2 and so the correction will not be applied.

You would be better defining the Lambda 1 on AU2, and setting lambda control on BANK1. That would be a normal config. Alternatively you may be able to set the control to BOTH or BANK1, which should work; when only one sensor is defined when there should / can be two, that value will be used for both; ie if you only have lam1 then the lam2 value will be the same as lam1.... this should work the other way round, ie if you have no lam1 sensor then the lam2 value should reflect into lam1, but that is not a "normal" configuration so it may not have been tested per se. The lam1 value is used for cylinders in BANK1 and the lam2 value for cylinders in BANK2....

Hope this helps,

Pat.
secure

Post by secure »

It didnt worked! Not sure why but the AFR jumping between 18.0 to 11.5 now..
2009-07-05 14-16-08 S6#0167.xls
IDLE STALL SD FILE - RENAME XLS TO SD
(177.28 KiB) Downloaded 1004 times
ilk-002.xlS
CAL MAP - RENAME XLS TO SC
(250.77 KiB) Downloaded 935 times
I'm running LC1 btw...
secure

Post by secure »

Ooops.. While analyzing the session logs I've seen a CAM ERROR log file. It makes the same afr jumpings with a cam error.

I couldnt upload it here because of the file size restrictions..
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Try the attached calibration, it has some of the feedback changed. Didn't alter the linearisation although it is different to the one I had here because I imagine you set your LC1 up that way :)
Attachments
ilk-003.SC
Different lambda feedback parameters for LC1
(250.77 KiB) Downloaded 965 times
secure

Post by secure »

I got the idea and learned something new! Thanks!