IAT pin

For Subaru Technical Chat
secure

IAT pin

Post by secure »

Hi

Can someone please advise me the wiring loom pinout diagram for S6 PnP MY97-98 Impreza. I just need the pin out order to count the pins. I dont know which pin number to install IAT sensor. It seems CTL-53 default but where is CTL 53.. How do you count pins from the connector
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Re: IAT pin

Post by Charlie »

If you look at the comments section on the calibration, (type c and then c) There is a pin out diagram. Connector A is the biggest connector, Connector C is the smallest.

The pins are numbered pin 1 top right of ECU socket looking into the ECU.

This should tell you the Pin you need.
Cheers,

Charlie
secure

Post by secure »

Thanks Charlie but the problem is a bit different. Can you please check my excel worksheet.

I have a GM Open Intake Air Tempreture sensor. It has to wires and on my first attempt I soldered it to MAF signal cable(Pin B6-AU3 which is free). So now? In the software IO config- Pin Assigments I tried to find that input(B6-AU3) to activate. In this tab Air Charge Tempreture Sensor 1 listed as AN3(5V/BI) CTL-39.

I tried to assign all Analog(AN7-8-11-15-16) Inputs without any success. So how should I assign Air Charge Tempreture Sensor 1 to Pin B6-AU3?

After reading your advice here I take look at the comments page. Air Temps sensor seems on C1
AR2 - Air Temp (STi only, Pin C1))

I tried to wire the GM sensor to pin C1 without(yes use ground) any success again. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but still couldnt understand inputs/outputs on the solaris connector. What does CTL states for? Which pinouts AN, AU, AR, AV ?

For example in the pin assigments tab Calibration Switch seems on the AN4- (5V-BI) : CTL-41. So which connector and which pin is AN4 or CTL-41? I dont know which pinout to connect it right now. What if I use and wire it to AU3 Spare (MAF Signal, Pin B6) and than what should I do from the software.

I think I'm missing something

Cheers
Attachments
SOLARIS.xls
(67 KiB) Downloaded 982 times
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Post by Charlie »

I would Drop Pat a PM on here chap, He will be able to help further.

Cheers,

Charlie
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Hiya Cuneyt!

There is still a naming convention change to make in the S6; in the S8 all the first 16 pins can do anything, so they're just called AN01 through AN16, but in the S6 they are in 4 groups of 4, each group having different capabilities. In order to make it more obvious what is going on the pins are called AB (Bipolar with Speed), AU (Unipolar with Speed), AV (Voltage only) and AR (Resistance only)... unfortunately there is one little snipped of info you're missing... in SCal AB1-4 are called AN1-4, AU1-4 are called AN5-8, AV1-4 are called AN9-12 and AR1-4 are called AN13-16... we will change this, but for now I guess I really should put that into the cal comments section!

So, connect your air temp sensor to the MAF cable, configure your Air Charge Temp sensor in the I/O config to be on pin AU3 (AN7), program the ECU to make the change take effect, then check that your linearisation in the Sensors section for the Air Charge Temp sensor is sensible. While you are in the Linearisation f(v) section you can use Linearisation -> Sensor DB -> Load Sensor ('N' then 'D' then 'L' to choose a curve from a list that have already been calibrated to get you going). Once you have a sensible curve in there, again program the ECU to make the change permanent.

The CTL numbers are ConTroL board pin numbers. The S6 design is modular, the same software and firmware is used regardless of whether it's PnP or GP, so the actual loom connector on any given control board could be anything, ergo we cannot use vehicle pin numbers in the software because we won't know which vehicle it's in, so the pin numbers are for the control board (you may have seen the 100 pin header that connects the control board to the carrier board ?).

Hope this helps,

Pat.
secure

Post by secure »

The little sniped info which was missing now sorted my problem ..
I think I need the same coordinates for the outputs now..
Thanks in advance