help for starting

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: help for starting

Post by pavlo »

The problem you have is that the car is not going into sync720 because you have only changed the crank wheel. You need to enable and properly configure the "Manual Cam Checklist" to use a G11 crank trigger wheel with a G10 cam wheel, I have done this on a number of cars and I can assure you then when done it does not need remapping.

(edit)
That sync log shows 720sync after 2 turns.
secure

Post by secure »

Thanks Pavlo! Its nice to hear it doesn't need remapping again.
As I said the engine was running before I parked it to the garage.(checked the logs and its been 5 months :shock: )
I have changed to G11 crank pattern plus Gap increase ratio is 2 and decrease ratio is 0.50. Max gap increase is 1.50
I have also played around Valid Cam Signal Revs for 720 sync and Minumum engine speed for 720 sync but no go!
In the end I thought i have fouled the spark plugs because I have run the car over 20 kilometers before that with these settings.
I am going to enable the "Manual Cam Check List". What should I be looking there as i don't understand the settings in here?
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

I will have to send you a cal file to paste from, it's not that easy to explain on a forum and would much quicker for me to just send you something that will work. But in essence the G11 trigger pattern is expecting 2 teeth on the cam wheel and you have 7. The manual cam checklist allows the Syvecs to look for cam trigger events that are unique to a particular phase, so it can tell which phase it's in.

I would also say that if your fuelling is that far out in sync360 then your injector lag times are too high.
secure

Post by secure »

Got it now. I was thinking it ignores cam signal with 720 sync.
PM. replied.
secure

Post by secure »

Sort it out. Four fouled spark plugs. It is the first I have fouled PFR7B's over 10 years!
Anyway the car running like charm now!
Thanks to Paul for his help and thanks to the thread starter who reminded me I have car which is not starting.
Everything is clear and under Syvecs control now :mrgreen:
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Manual Cam Checklist done, like a boss.