More accurate charge temp estimation (like Autronic)

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
EMS

Re: More accurate charge temp estimation (like Autronic)

Post by EMS »

To avoid massive discussions, this can be done in stead of the Autronic solution: 3D table for Fuel AIT correction. One axis is AIT and the other axis is TP (or MAP). This is more easy to setup and works O.K.

Mark.
littlefella

Post by littlefella »

Sorry if I offended you, but it wasnt meant to be that way! I just don't find it needed. Engine tuning is about Data and accuracy, NOT Estimations..
Cheers
EMS

Post by EMS »

Appologies accepted. But in this case you need to estimate! How will you measure the charge temp in the cilinders? (this is what really matters)

Benku: The next car I do, I will fit the IAT sensor very near to the inlet port in the head. That should give more "accurate" results as you suggested.

Mark.
littlefella

Post by littlefella »

I personaly find it better to have the air temp sensor about 10cm before the butterfly. Putting sensors into the manifold only results in incorrect air temp values because the sensor gets fuel particles onto it and with the air comming over the sensor it cools the temp value. (latent heat of vaporisation). Even at idle the air is moving at very fast speed through the port, I would think things like end point injection timing, fuel temperature, injector size (pulsewidth) would have more influence on the AFR than air temp.
cheers
Benkku

Post by Benkku »

Yes, but it greatly depends - mostly injection timing , injector size and positioning. Smaller injectors need relatively long injection time, thus reversion and induction resonances affect 'spitting injected fuel back and fort'. Larger injectors open more possibilities to time injection, so that air is moving towards cylinder. Most oem's position IAT sensor near butterfly opening - restriction increases air speed and sensor reacts faster. Typically sensors thermal time constant shorten as a function of air speed.