Split Timing for Rotary

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
Time 4 Rebuild

Split Timing for Rotary

Post by Time 4 Rebuild »

The S6 seems extremly powerful and feature rich but with playing with the software I can't seem to find a way to do split timing, For those that don't know a rotary has 2 spark plugs per rotor and the split timing is the delay between the firing of the 2 plugs. I looked at just setting the firing angles to 0 degrees for clyinders 1+2, and 180 degress for 3+4 (only talking 2 rotor here.) Now this would fire both plug on the front rotor at the same giving 0 split, simply adding a few degrees to the firing angles of 2 and 4 would give a split but as load and rpm increase generally more split timing is added. So a full 3d map would be extremly nice to control the split timing, or a system that would be far more flexable would be to assign ignition output to banks, 1+3 on bank1 and 2+4 on bank2 and then have a 3rd map for ignition trim per bank. (leaving the firing angles for 1+2 at 0 degrees, and 3+4 at 180) Thus by leaving the bank1 map flat and changing the bank2 map, one would have complete control over the split timing.
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Re: Split Timing for Rotary

Post by Charlie »

Full Rotary Support is coming very very soon
Time 4 Rebuild

Post by Time 4 Rebuild »

What other rotary features are you guys adding? OMP control? Really thats about all you would need in addition to split timing control.
Charlie
Syvecs Staff- Tea Boy

Post by Charlie »

Yes, OMP control in there too
Time 4 Rebuild

Post by Time 4 Rebuild »

I saw the firmware update for the timing updates and am really excited you support the rotary now! I'm slowly rebuild my 93 FD and have alittle too much time to do my research (or not enough money to buy eveything I want), sorry about all the questions. You replied that the OMP control is support but looking in the default cal file posted on here (V1.6) I can't see anywhere that would allow control of a stepper motor vs rpm and load. Of course this is an old cal file. Also I've been looking into the crank trigger settings and I'm alittle confussed, you guys wouldn't happen to have a basic set-up example for a 36-1, 60-1, 60-2 set-up? Also with a phaseless set-up would you even need to run a cam trigger?
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Pop me an E-mail to Ryan@syvecs.co.uk and will send over a cal for the stuff your after

Ryan