Traction control without lateral G or steering angle

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Traction control without lateral G or steering angle

Post by Wez »

Hey Guys,

Would it be possible to have traction control enabled without having to assign lateral G or steering angle.

This would free up an input as although its assigned it doesnt have to be there as the TC works fine off the wheel speed sensors alone.

Thanks
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
jezzpalmer

Re: Traction control without lateral G or steering angle

Post by jezzpalmer »

It's a good point, I suspect a fair few will just use a fudged sensor reading to fool the ECU, I did for a while but have just wired in 2 axes of a 3 axis accelerometer.

Another option could be to use reference wheel speed differential to determine whether the car is cornering, in the way that RLTC does.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

Which 3 axis accelerometer did you go for and how much?

As my car is currently off the road could you try traction control with no sensor defined in inputs, it should work even with lateral G selected as the enable method and use a default value.

Thanks.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
jezzpalmer

Post by jezzpalmer »

This one... ~£24
http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog ... 6a0529151e

It's a 3.3v device but I'm supplying it directly from the Solaris 5v sensor supply, it seems happy enough and the data sheet suggests that it can handle upto 7v.

I can try it without any configged input, but won't be till after he weekend i expect as i'm quite busy; the car is in many bits, needs mapping and it's supposed to be going to japfest.