2001 Audi S4 with 1.8T Engine swap.

For customer project blogs and discussion
V dub'n

2001 Audi S4 with 1.8T Engine swap.

Post by V dub'n »

I would like to introduce myself my name is Lio and I'm building my B5 S4 with a 1.8 20V motor.

The car is pretty much already done now it's time for wiring. The ecu I chose is a syvecs S7 Plus ecu my boss made me covert as Syvecs is the only ecu he likes tuning and we are a dealer here in Canada.

So far the parts of colledted
Syvecs S7 plus (universal ecu)
Plex SDM 500 (need to upgrade to gps)
AIM MXG digital dash (want to run booth if possible)
Flatshifter strain gauge knob
2 cal switches (AEM version can these be used?)
5 bar TI map sensor
2 AEM 150psi pressure transducers (fuel / oil Pressure)
Mac valve 4 port boost controler
5 random generic stainless stell 150 psi pressure snsors (I would like to use 1 for coolant pressure, 1 for exhaust back pressure and another for crank case pressure. Not sure what to use the others for.

I'd also like to run individual EGT probes can I do this with the plex and SDM500?

Coolant temp and air temp I plan on using just some ordinary gm temp sensors. If there's any thing else you can recommend I'd appreciate it.

Coils I'm looking to use are Audi R8 as I've heard good things.

Anyother sensors you recommend and any tips
I'll be starting off with an lms-efi flying lead harness and I will be using the oem fuel box for all powers.

Also if anyone could help with some of the oem wiring diagrams it would be appreciated.

Regards
Lio
stevieturbo

Re: 2001 Audi S4 with 1.8T Engine swap.

Post by stevieturbo »

S7 has only 1 EGT input. Plex has 2.

So whilst you can transmit the two from the Plex via CAN into the S7...that's still only 3. So you would need the KT8 or similar EGT to CAN box to get enough for 4 cylinders.

You have a VW engine....just use the VW sensors.

R8 coils are fine, always use OEM coils if doing so. Or IGN1A's are pretty cheap these days cor a coil near plug.

No reason why you shouldnt be able to run both Dash's on the same CAN stream.

Presumably the AEM cal switches can be used, you're just after a rising voltage with increasing switch positions when fitted. They're probably all done the same anyway