NTK L2H2 New Linearisation

Pin outs, sensor calibrations etc
Jasper K

NTK L2H2 New Linearisation

Post by Jasper K »

All,

After having seriously large differences with my other wideband kits it turns out that the newer NTK sensors from Syvecs (Charlie) need a new calibration.

Thanks go out to Ryan G @ Syvecs for spending time with a test tube and calibrated gas to setup a new linearisation. I have tested it vs. other wideband equipment and can say it is spot on now.

I hereby post up the new linearisation which everybody can try when they are using the newer (2011 and later) sensors from Charlie.

On a side note: This linearisation should be copied to the "SensorDB" folder of your Syvecs installation. EG C:\Program Files\Syvecs\SensorDB\

You can then import the new Linearisation in SCal by doing the following steps:

- Run SCal
- Open your CAL-file
- Goto Sensors -> Lambda -> Lambda Sensor 1 (If you are using Lambda 1) -> Linearisation -> Open this map.
- Now choose "Linearisation" and then select "Sensor DB".
- Now choose "Load Sensor" and select the New linearisation file EG 2011_NTK_L2H2.

Now the new linearisation is loaded and you can save your CAL file with the new settings. Have fun!

Cheers,

Jasper Kopinga
CS Racing
Taiwan.
Attachments
COMBUSTION_RATIO - 2011_NTK_L2H2.txt
2011 and later NTK L2H2 Linearisation
(679 Bytes) Downloaded 2033 times
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: NTK L2H2 New Linearisation

Post by TimH »

The sensor in mine, bought/fitted this year, and the same as those I supply, are marked/sold as LZA-09-E1. Mine was pretty much spot on compared to an Innovate LC-1.

What is the exact identification on the "L2H2" sensors from Charlie? It would be useful to know if there's something to differentiate between "old" and "new", and whether the ones I supply are the same or different to Charlie's.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Also, when I load that linearisation in to SCal 2.11.38 it is a flatline lambda=5. The file looks OK, but doesn't seem to work for me it seems.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I see Ryan has posted the linearisation, saying it's a "walkers" sensor: so not a genuine NTK.

I'm assuming, therefore, that the genuine NTK I have - and sell - has the correct linearisation by default, and you do not need to use the new one :)
Benkku

Post by Benkku »

I think that 'it just', is difference between L1H1 and L2H2 types. Their curves differs somewhat. After all, 'replacement' sensors work in vehicles where intended to use as an replacement - so mimicking original functionality with proper accuracy. Some of those products and (names) are 'just repacked' genuine NTK sensors.
Benkku

Post by Benkku »

One note about using 'predefined' calibration file, ie. file other than which matches to actual calibrated sensor.

One can't use (even if same sensor type) calibration file, which is made to/with other sensor. That is why the sensor connector contains calibration resistor, if the resistor value differs from calibrated sensor, then you can't use calibration file made/intended to other sensor.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Only the L1H1 has a calibration resistor - NTK L2H2, and I imagine the Walkers copy, do not have the calibration resistor.

The L2H2 - IIRC - supersedes the L1H1 and is supposed to be more consistent between sensors, albeit with a very slightly different calibration curve to the L1H1.

The best thing is for the mapper to use a known-good wideband and adjust the linearisation for your own wideband so it matches better or - and I've seen this done - tweak the lambda target to be "wrong" so it matches the mapper's external wideband.
Benkku

Post by Benkku »

Yes, newer type - might be laser trimmed.
Benkku

Post by Benkku »

So what is the difference between NTK LZAxx wideband sensor types?

L=Linear (wide band)
Z=Zirconia sensor
A=18x1.5 mm thread
xx=number=sensor design (type of construction/mechanical design)

06 = Gasoline
07 = Gasoline
09 = Gasoline -> L1H1 (Honda sensor is LZA09-E1)
11 = Gasoline
15 = diesel application
17 = diesel application

fex. LZA07 seems to be 'newer type' (by the sensor body, wire colors) and contains calibration resistor. Two sensors measured, 298 and 602 ohms respectively.
Benkku

Post by Benkku »

TimH wrote:Only the L1H1 has a calibration resistor - NTK L2H2, and I imagine the Walkers copy, do not have the calibration resistor.
Are you absolutely sure about that?

Asked this directly from NGK Europe subsidiary, and they responded that sensors contains resistor.

"we are not selling a trimmed wide band sensor. All wide band sensors are calibrated by resistor."